What's new

New Cover Art: DRAGONSLAYER! (2 Viewers)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Say..what happened to my last post about how I used to have the original Dragonslayer poster in my basement? Was this removed for a reason?

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
[Gilda Radner as Emily Litella]

....oh.....Never Mind.

[/Gilda Radner as Emily Litella]:)

Chris_Marin

Stunt Coordinator
We have the full disc details and pictures of the front & back covers and the inlay card over at The DVD Debate.

Unfortunately there will be no extra features for this classic :frowning:.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
:frowning: Not even the theatrical trailer....why not?
Surely Mr. Blythe has realized from reading these many threads at HTF over the years the rather large desire for this title from quite a few cash carrying fans, why not throw the fans a few extra bones...even if it is just the trailer.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I believe that Mr. Blythe has previously mentioned that Paramount is not spending $$$$ on extras for "old" catalog titles.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Our policy is to load up special features on new releases like this and be highly selective with special features on the catalog titles. Sure, it's a bottom line issue.
The above is a direct quote of Mr Blythe's post in the following THREAD.
His is the 39th of 89 posts. You may interpret his comment in any manner you please.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Even me, the usual "quality of the feature film vs extras" advocate is sorely dissapointed in the lack of SE material. I wanted a fully-loaded SE with all the stops pulled out.

Will be glad to get a nice 16x9 transfer...but EXTRAS would se SO NICE!! This should be a 2-disc SE. It's a cult classic and it has the fan base to support the sales.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I agree David. Apparently Paramount does not care to change their policy no matter what the size of the fan base.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Count me in as another person disappointed that there's no trailer. How much more money would it have cost to include the trailer I wonder. It's not like Paramount will release this movie on DVD again any time soon.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The thing is, I don't think a Trailer is that much of a special feature.

If possible it should be standard for most releases. I mean, how much of an effort would that take?

I think asking for for a two disc SE a little overboard for this film, but a trailer isn't asking too much...

Jason

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I thought a DVD should contain a movie and the trailer. Seems pretty standard to me and rather bizarre for a disc not to have both.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Paramount regularly doesn't include trailers for new films (Nemesis, MI:2), so I suppose it's too much to ask that they be included with catalogue titles.

At least they've finally starting pricing competitively.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Crikey! If this is an animated menu my head would probably explode from the sheer coolness.

But I don't suppose it is considering the age of the title, money involved, etc..

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Anybody remember my *cruel* April-Fool's joke from 2 years back?
Yeah, I remember your joke. :) I fell for it too. To be honest, now that the specs for this disc are out, I REALLY wish your joke was real. :frowning:

Strange that I just happened to read that thread and remember your joke. I'm rarely in this area of the forum even though I've been a member longer than most.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
What major effects in Superman were "fixed" BTW?
They recomposited the scene near the end when Superman flies up to the sky in a rage and sees his father in the clouds. They even tracked down the original stock footage used for the clouds, then rotoscoped Supes from the original film and put him back over the cleaner footage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks