What's new

New Costner Movie: Open Range (1 Viewer)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Saw the trailer for OPEN RANGE. Hmmm. Looks decent. It has Robert Duvall. It's a western. Comeback? Can't be any worse that DRAGONFLY. Or can it? Anyone have any news on this one?

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Any western with Robert Duvall in it is worth giving a shot. Hopefully, if this movie is good, we will stop getting additional versions of DANCES WITH WOLVES on DVD in the future!

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
The trailer looks really good. I noticed that the music is by Michael Kamen who also composed the music for "Robin Hood: Prince of Theives", which is one of my favorite soundtracks. Good trailer, good composer (IMO) ... seems like a good combination.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Havent been a real fan of Costner lately but I have to admit this movie looks really good and the cast is really really good.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I may be going to an early screening of this movie the first week of August in an official, media capacity. I'll let you know what I think, not that my opinion matters!

MichaelW

Stunt Coordinator
Two words:

Duvall.
Western.

I'm there. Plus Annette Bening is one seriously good looking woman! :D

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
I saw exactly one shot from this film while flipping channels (a close-up of Duvall), and it looked good enough to make me want to find out what the heck it was.

I need a good western right about now, so here's hopin'. Worst case scenario: it'll look gorgeous.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I'm a Costner fan. Plus I loved Duvall in Lonesome Dove and would not pass him up in another western. This looks promising. Was listening to Costner on Braves game the other day and he was saying that it's more than shoot em up bang bang. So hopefully a promising story is involved.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
What's the other Western coming out soon? I saw a trailer for OPEN RANGE and another Western in front of HOLLYWOOD HOMICIDE.

Anyone know what movie I'm talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks