New Computer Help

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Ryan Satriani, May 5, 2005.

1. Ryan Satriani

I bought a new gateway 507gr yesterday and it has been giving me problems. I restored the computer and it didn't solve the problem, see if you guys can help me out. When i start the computer everything works perfect. After about 15 minutes when i try browsing websites using the browser it doesn't take me to anything. If I open up windows media player it freezes...when i open up my computer it says "searching for files" and nothing comes up. I also get this error message "The instruction at 0x03661519 refernced memory at 0x03692e60 the memory could not be read".

If you guys know what's up and can help me out I would appreciate it, instead of wasting my time again and taking this back.

2. Bryan Toth

Bryan Toth Stunt Coordinator

Ryan,

I'd return it .... pretty much any significant problem with the operation of a PC can be uncovered in the first few days of "burn in" use .... Restoring it isn't going to do much good as it's most likely a hardware issue of some kind (I'd imagine the problem really would boil down to some faulty RAM). A brand-new PC out of the box *should* work without any of those problems.

Bryan

3. Tekara

Tekara Supporting Actor

Hrm, first guess is overheating, but I'd take up Bryan's advice first. The one big luxory of buying a complete computer is that you can make major issues like this somebody else's problem.

Bring the computer back and get a new one, nothing wrong with doing that and I feel that you'll be happier in the end since you won't have to pull hairs trying to figure out what's going on.

4. Ryan Satriani

Cool, thanks guys.

5. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

I bet its some bad memory. I'd return it or get it fixed immediately.