What's new

New Columbia: Once a Thief & Punch-Drunk Love (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Columbia Tristar has announced new titles for release on April 22: Mad About You: The Complete Second Season (a 3-disc set, with the specs from the first collection), Immediate Family, John Woo's original Once a Thief, and Ignition with Bill Pullman and Lena Olin.

Moved from it's original 4/1 release date, P.T. Anderson's Punch-Drunk Love has also been re-announced for April 22nd.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
I really hope ONCE A THEIF has the original soundtrack. It should as Woo is notorious for seeing that he gets respectful releases of his movies. This is why we probably won't ever see new R1 releases of THE KILLER or HARD BOILED DVD.

Matt

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
That jacket art is a travesty!!! The film is a caper/comedy not an action film by any means!! Whatever, I'll be happy as long as we get a new anamorphic transfer with the Cantonese audio and English subs. Uncut, of course!

I'm hanging onto my Megastar version just in case!

Jeff

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Since Punch-Drunk Love is only being pushed 3 weeks behind schedule, can we assume that we're still getting 2 versions of the DVD? The last I heard, they were shelving the original release to make room for one 'special edition' package. Guess not. :frowning:

~j

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Joseph. Word is that there is a special edition of PDL due later on. Whether it comes out before the end of the year is unknown. Personally, I'm waiting just as I waited on PANIC ROOM.

-greg

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Word is that there is a special edition of PDL due later on. Whether it comes out before the end of the year is unknown. Personally, I'm waiting just as I waited on PANIC ROOM.
Well, I won't wait. Seems like this whole deal of making a barebones DVD now while promising an SE down the road is being employed by more studios with the same result-the SE is MIA. (Black Hawk Down, Ed Wood, Orgazmo, Panic Room as examples) I'll take the film DVD now and be pleased as punch with it. (pardon the pun)

Bruce

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Dan,
Ed Wood was scheduled for August 2002 I believe. About a month before release it was cancelled becuase Tim Burton suddenly decided he wanted to give it SE treatment. Now its almost 7 months later, no new news or announcements yet. Tim Burton is working on Big Fish right now so hes very busy so I dont think he'll even have time to revisit Ed Wood for a year or so.So we're here waiting.. and waiting....As the years pass I like Burton less and less.

"Black Hawk Down, Ed Wood, Orgazmo, Panic Room as examples. I'll take the film DVD now and be pleased as punch with it."

We're STILL waiting on all those. Ill include Vanilla Sky to that list. Crowe said there would be a SE later and no word on that yet.

I wont wait 2 years for a SE of PDL.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks