New Columbia: Once a Thief & Punch-Drunk Love

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Mirza, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

Columbia Tristar has announced new titles for release on April 22: Mad About You: The Complete Second Season (a 3-disc set, with the specs from the first collection), Immediate Family, John Woo's original Once a Thief, and Ignition with Bill Pullman and Lena Olin.

[​IMG]

Moved from it's original 4/1 release date, P.T. Anderson's Punch-Drunk Love has also been re-announced for April 22nd.

2. Marc Colella

Marc Colella Cinematographer

I guess Columbia TriStar needed the extra time to put together a barebones DVD. [​IMG]

3. Matthew Brown

Matthew Brown Supporting Actor

I really hope ONCE A THEIF has the original soundtrack. It should as Woo is notorious for seeing that he gets respectful releases of his movies. This is why we probably won't ever see new R1 releases of THE KILLER or HARD BOILED DVD.

Matt

4. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins
    That jacket art is a travesty!!! The film is a caper/comedy not an action film by any means!! Whatever, I'll be happy as long as we get a new anamorphic transfer with the Cantonese audio and English subs. Uncut, of course!

I'm hanging onto my Megastar version just in case!

Jeff

5. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

Since Punch-Drunk Love is only being pushed 3 weeks behind schedule, can we assume that we're still getting 2 versions of the DVD? The last I heard, they were shelving the original release to make room for one 'special edition' package. Guess not. [​IMG]

~j

6. gregstaten

gregstaten Supporting Actor

Joseph. Word is that there is a special edition of PDL due later on. Whether it comes out before the end of the year is unknown. Personally, I'm waiting just as I waited on PANIC ROOM.

-greg

7. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

8. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Bruce, there's a barebones Ed Wood? I can't find it for sale anywhere online.

9. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Dan,
    Ed Wood was scheduled for August 2002 I believe. About a month before release it was cancelled becuase Tim Burton suddenly decided he wanted to give it SE treatment. Now its almost 7 months later, no new news or announcements yet. Tim Burton is working on Big Fish right now so hes very busy so I dont think he'll even have time to revisit Ed Wood for a year or so.So we're here waiting.. and waiting....As the years pass I like Burton less and less.

"Black Hawk Down, Ed Wood, Orgazmo, Panic Room as examples. I'll take the film DVD now and be pleased as punch with it."

We're STILL waiting on all those. Ill include Vanilla Sky to that list. Crowe said there would be a SE later and no word on that yet.

I wont wait 2 years for a SE of PDL.

10. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins
    Ed Wood wasn't actually cancelled...it was pulled. The Region 1 disc made it into a few stores.

Jeff