What's new

New Columbia Catalog Titles (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
It's the way the link to that post was copied.

If you go to the post and copy the *URL* you'll get both a page number and post number. The page number is quite relative and based on how many posts-per-page you have set on your profile. So... Robert has a quite large post-per-page as *his* URL is page 132. For me, that post he links is on page 197. The link as he presented it will take you to page 132 and *ignore* the post number as it's not on that page *unless* your posts-per-page count matches Robert's.

The *correct* way to post a link to a specific post is to copy the URL under the post number (on the far right of the top bar of a post) - the one Robert linked is *currently* #3,993 of 3,937 (the last number changes every time a new post is added to the thread). When you copy the link on those numbers you have:

You can also get the same thing by *removing* the page number information from the original link (which is what Robert sees on the URL bar when *he* goes to that post):

So for the link above, you'd remove the "page-132#" part leaving the "post-4927223" directly after the last "/" of the URL. That, too, would return the same URL as if you copy the one under the post # link.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For me it's on page 79 -- though still post 3933 as it should be.

I think I set my posts per page at whatever the maximum for the forum allows which it appears is 50.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
280451_front.jpg

As fast as you can say Phffft, It is mentioned being released on December 8th. December is going to be an expensive month.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
It's the way the link to that post was copied.

If you go to the post and copy the *URL* you'll get both a page number and post number. The page number is quite relative and based on how many posts-per-page you have set on your profile. So... Robert has a quite large post-per-page as *his* URL is page 132. For me, that post he links is on page 197. The link as he presented it will take you to page 132 and *ignore* the post number as it's not on that page *unless* your posts-per-page count matches Robert's.

The *correct* way to post a link to a specific post is to copy the URL under the post number (on the far right of the top bar of a post) - the one Robert linked is *currently* #3,993 of 3,937 (the last number changes every time a new post is added to the thread). When you copy the link on those numbers you have:

You can also get the same thing by *removing* the page number information from the original link (which is what Robert sees on the URL bar when *he* goes to that post):

So for the link above, you'd remove the "page-132#" part leaving the "post-4927223" directly after the last "/" of the URL. That, too, would return the same URL as if you copy the one under the post # link.
Thanks! I’ve been noticing for some time that Crawdaddy’s in-forum links never go where they are supposed to. Now I know how to compensate: copy the link and remove the page number!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks