What's new

New Clip: Home Shopping Network Sword Mishap (1 Viewer)

James T

Screenwriter
That's why stainless steel wallhangers should not be played like that. Even just swinging a stainless steel sword in the air could be dangerous.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Im on the school computers, and didnt have audio, but didnt anybody think it was kinda odd that after it broke and the guy who broke it seemed to be in a lot of pain, nobody helped him?

They just did a panning shot of the product, with the guy bent over in pain in the background, then another guy walks in and continues to sell the product...

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
That's pretty funny.....

"The nice thing about these practice Katanas..........." is that they break easily....? :p)

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
The guy who steps in looked like he'd start right in on the sword. Instead...

"Folks, right now...we, uh...may need emergency surgery in the studio."

Betcha that sold a lot of them! :)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I love watching the shopping channels. Not to see what they're selling, but to see how they kill time by doing stupid things.

A friend of mine was telling me he was watching a sports collectible sale and they had some washed-up baseball player on there hocking cards or something. Well, they're taking calls from the audience and this girl comes on and says "don't you remember me from that hotel in Pittsburgh?" or something to that effect. The guy just walked off the stage.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I saw a clip not to long ago almost as good. They were selling these ladders and during the demo the guy was about 10 feet off the ground acting like he was cleaning the window and how easy the ladder made it. One swipe later he is falling straight down to the studio floor!

Todd K

Second Unit
Nick, I hope you got around to watching that with sound. (Though it would have been funny if they went right on selling the merchandise.) It's hard to tell whether that second clown is being funny or serious with his "emergency surgery" comment.

David Brown Eyes

Second Unit
Mr. Derby,

I never got a chance to "see" the clip. all I got was a picture of a scantaly clad woman and a wav file full of obsenities. It was the warning that was NSFW

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Weird David... I just viewed the clip without trouble.

That had to sting! I'm guessing they didn't sell a great number of those things...

Lee L

Supporting Actor
The worst thing is right as it broke he said, "the good thing about these katana's is..." and judging by context the rest of that sentence was going to be something about how durable they are.

Todd K

Second Unit
Dave's not nuts (at least not for this reason) -- originally the link was to some site that probably deactivated the file from all the traffic. The error message showed a picture of a woman with rather large proportions shouting something at you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks