What's new

Apple TV+ Vudu New Classic Columbia Titles Streaming (1 Viewer)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Every month Sony has been releasing older Columbia titles in HD on iTunes and Vudu,
Now that iTunes has eliminated the extensive pre order page the titles are impossible to find.
Today the new titles are Frank Capra's THE BITTER TEA OF GENERAL YEN, THE HEROES OF TELEMARK, GENGHIS KHAN and THERE'S ALWAYS A WOMAN. Last month LUST FOR GOLD, THE LOVES OF CARMEN, GIDGET GOES HAWAIIAN and GIDGET GOES TO ROME. All titles are $12.99.
It's too bad that older catalog film buffs cannot find an easy way to know of the new release of older films.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Now that iTunes has eliminated the extensive pre order page the titles are impossible to find.
It's too bad that older catalog film buffs cannot find an easy way to know of the new release of older films.

You can do all this using Cheap Charts - to see what's newly released select the store you want to search (remember the app only searches iTunes so use the website) then select "Just Released"

If you want to see what's coming soon, select "Pre-order" just above it (sorting by release date is helpful if it's older movies you're interested in)

BF5B9469-C99D-4907-907C-CDB9DD7AFD49.jpeg

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
You can using Cheap Charts - select the store you want to search (remember the app only searches iTunes so use the website) then select "Just Released"

FYI, the Android app lets you search other stores. It's only on Apple where you are restricted to iTunes only. Unfortunately, there is no way to purchase content on iTunes via Android.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
You can do all this using Cheap Charts - to see what's newly released select the store you want to search (remember the app only searches iTunes so use the website) then select "Just Released"

If you want to see what's coming soon, select "Pre-order" just above it (sorting by release date is helpful if it's older movies you're interested in)

View attachment 86354
Will I be able to find titles that are not on sale such as the Columbia titles?

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Will I be able to find titles that are not on sale such as the Columbia titles?

Yes, Cheap Charts isn't just for things that are on sale - you can use it to search for nearly anything.

Another good example is to see what titles recently got upgraded to 4K (select "Upgraded to 4K"). It's all about what search filters you select.

The Columbia titles are all on there...

1CFCD629-D5F5-48E2-B04C-9DB7DF8DFFD2.jpeg

Last edited:

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
There's also a Movies Just Added tab on the iTunes app under 'Collections.'
IMG_0777.PNG

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I cannot find "collections" on the iTunes app on my iPhone. There is no “recently added”
It's on the main page for me. But I'm in Canada, so it's possible the app is different here.
IMG_0089.PNG

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
In the US the “Coming Soon/pre order” has been eliminated!!!!!!!!! 😡
The movies just added is gone as well.
It’s quite infuriating! They disappeared after new year.
iTunes gets worse and worse in its ability to be able to find any items that are not new big movies. UGH

Last edited:

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Hopefully Sony will correct the error of many of the Columbia films in Panavision and Cinemascope that are being being shown in the wrong aspect ratio. ie LORD JIM, CROMWELL, THE KEY,
MY SISTER EILEEN.

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
Just caught Funny Girl in 4k on Amazon Prime, wow, what a wonderful experience, but whenever I watch one of these classic titles in 4k on streaming, I can't help thinking numerous times during the movie how great these would look and sound on 4k blu-ray!

I am very excited to get this new 3D title, it has been a while since I have purchased a 3D title (only because of lack of availability of much new). Thank goodness for the 3D Film Archive. I am hoping one day they might release the 3D Jackass movie (just for its 3D certainly not comedic content) or a few that Paramount passed over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks