What's new

New Chevy Avalanche - WBH (1 Viewer)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Chevy has a pic of the new WBH (Without Body Hardware) Avalanche. I never really had a problem with the hardware to start with, but I think I like it MUCH better without it.
AFTER:
Link Removed
BEFORE:
Link Removed

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I like the body hardware. Makes it look armored. Perfect for taking the kids to soccer practice.

Really, I don't have $40k+ burning a hole in my pocket for one of these, but if I was in the market for a spendy toy like that... the Avalanche would certainly get serious consideration. WITH body hardware.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I don't like them at all...all that plastic makes it look cheap. The new one is a little better, but still has that cheap plastic look in the bed.

Chris Derby

Second Unit
Oddly enough, I actually like the non-black Cadillac Escalade version of this vehicle. The black ones just look cheap no matter what you do.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Thank goodness GM is getting away from body cladding. The Avalanche looks so much better (like the rest of the truck line) and not like a kiddie truck.
Pontiac was the worse offender of body hardware/cladding. GM knows how to build trucks but knows almost nothing about cars. (except for the Caddy CTS and the Corvette). GM is in serious need of a Nissan-like turn around in autos.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I just noticed looking at those pictures that they had to do alot more than just take the cladding off of the bottom. It looks like they had to change the front fenders and the rear quarter panels to lose those humps where the cladding met the steel.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
I like it better than before. Even if they got rid of plastic in the bed, id still purchase a F-150.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks