What's new

NEW! CD New Release/Sale Roundup 3/9/04 (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
This thread is hopefully going to help us out the way that Mike's DVD roundup does. I will post the new releases and catalog sales items from the Sunday circulars. I limit mine to Best Buy, Circuit City, Target and Amazon. If anyone has any feedback on this please share it so I can make this as indespensible as the DVD version!

New Releases
Brides of Destruction: "Here Comes The Brides"
A- $14.99
BB- $ 9.99
CC- n/a
T- n/a
Sarah Connor: "Sarah Connor"
A- $11.99
BB- $ 7.99
CC- $ 7.99
T- $ 7.98
Michael Jackson: "The One" (DVD single)
A- n/a
BB- $ 9.99
CC- n/a
T- n/a
Kimberly Locke: "Eighth World Wonder" (American Idol/CD Single)
A- $ 2.99
BB- n/a
CC- n/a
T- n/a
Tesla: "Into The Now"
A- $13.99
BB- $ 9.99
CC- n/a
T- n/a
Various: "Bad Boy's 10th Anniversary"
A- $12.99
BB- $ 9.99
CC- $ 9.99
T- $ 9.98
Various: "WOW Worship"
A- $19.99
BB- $14.99
CC- n/a
T- $14.98

Current Releases
If any circulars have the same title listed on sale, I will list it here.

Ruben Studdard: "Soulful"
BB- $11.99
CC- $ 9.99
Kenny Chesney: "When The Sun Goes Down"
CC- $11.99
T- $11.98

Best Buy
$6.99
Blink 182: "Dude Ranch" and "Cheshire Cat"
$9.99
Sting: "Sacred Love"
Melissa Etheridge: "Lucky"
Blink 182: "Blink 182"
Young Gunz: "Tough Luv"
Tupac: "Resurrection"
Baby Bash: "Smokin' Nephew"
Murphy Lee: "Murphy's Law"
Twista: "Kamikaze"
$11.99
Jason Mraz: "Waiting For My Rocket..."
Simple Plan: "No Pads..."

Circuit City
$8.99
Story Of the Year: "Page Avenue"
$9.99
Jay-Z: "The Black Album"
No Doubt: "The Singles"
3 Doors Down: "Away from the Sun"
Incubus: "A Crow Left of the Murder"
B2K: "You Got Served"
Juvenile: "Juve the Great"
Dixie Chicks: "Top of the World"
$11.99
Ying Yang Twins: "Me & My Brother"
Clay Aiken: "Measure of a Man"
Sheryl Crow: Very Best..."
Dido: "Life for Rent"
V/A: "NOW! 14"
Hillary Duff: "Metamorphosis"
Alicia Keys: "The Diary of..."
Beyonce: "Dangerously In Love"

Target
$8.98
Lost Prophets: "Start Something"
$9.98
OST: "Barbershop 2"
Hoobastank: "The Reason"
$11.98
Norah Jones: "Feels Like Home"
Kylie Minogue: "Body Language" (see Deals section)
Martina McBride: "Martina"
Tim McGraw: "Dancehall Doctors"
Toby Keith: "Shock'n Y'all"
LeAnn Rimes: "Greatest Hits"
Trace Adkins: "Comin On Strong"

Deals
Target: Buy Kylie Minogue's "Body Language" CD for $11.98 and receive a CD with three bonus live tracks, while quantities last.

Hope you guys like this!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just to make it a little more consistent with the other listing (and easier to read/compare), here's how it could look on a weekly basis (I think you should be able to see the formatting code if you try to edit this post, and you may have to play around with the number of spaces/_'s to fit "artist/CD title" on each listing):

[C]
_________TITLE_______________________________ _Amazon _ BestBuy _ CrcCity _ Target_
Brides of Destruction: "Here Comes the Bride"_ _$14.99 _ $9.99 ___ $_N/A ___ $_N/A_ _
Sarah Connor: "Sarah Connor"__________________ _$11.99 _ $7.99 ___ $7.99 ___ $7.98_ _
Michael Jackson: "The One" (DVD Single)_______ _$_N/A __ $9.99 ___ $_N/A ___ $_N/A_ _
Kimberly Locke: "Eight World Wonder" (single)_ _$2.99 __ $_N/A ___ $_N/A ___ $_N/A_ _
Tesla: "Into the Now"_________________________ _$13.99 _ $9.99 ___ $_N/A ___ $_N/A_ _
Various: "Bad Boys 10th Anniversary"__________ _$12.99 _ $9.99 ___ $9.99 ___ $9.98_ _
Various: "WOW Worship"________________________ _$19.99 _ $14.99 __ $_N/A ___ $_N/A_ _
[/C]

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Patrick:

Got your email, I will do it starting next week. The email showed the formatting thing, but I will play around with it in the testing area first.

thanks,
Eric

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oops, the long artist/title names will cause this formatting to look funny unless you make this window a full window on your display. I typically surf with half the width/per window so I can have 2 windows open side by side, and the formatting looks pretty bad at half width. My apologies if this is the case for others who don't view this page in full window mode.

Oh, thanks for starting this thread, hope it enjoys a long and healthy run for music lovin' bargain hunters.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for all the great input so far...as I said, I am new to this and will be tweaking the listing as time goes by.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Eric, this is very helpful as I was in the market for both the Incubus and the new Tesla release (yeah, so I'm still stuck in the 80's, so sue me!).

Much appreciated.

JamesY

Stunt Coordinator
Eric,
Many thanks, this will be a great help to me in lightening my wallet even further!:D Seriously though, I'm happy to see this thread. The only input I can give is if there are any (although rare) listings in ads featuring any deals on hi-rez titles (DVD-A & SA-CD), please post them! Many thanks!

David Head

Second Unit
Eric,

I'll add my thanks for putting this together. In case you aren't aware, you can see what's being released this week at Link Removed (click on the "New Releases" and "Vault Releases" links). The end of each week's lists will have music DVDs, along with DVD-A and SACD releases.

David

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

ahhh, my "bible"...where would we be without it! I remember the days when it was a b/w newsletter! Now THEY perform an invaluable service!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
BTW, Check out my post from last night in the Music section regarding more details about my work on this project.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks