What's new

New CD from "The Shins" coming... (1 Viewer)

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Chutes Too Narrow - Oct 21.

I hope I'm not the only Shins fan here. Can't wait. Oh Inverted World is my favorite CD of the 21st century (except maybe the last 2 Wilco CDs.)

Jason_H

Second Unit
I saw them at the Austin City Limits festival a couple of weeks ago and was impressed. I got their new single signed by all of them too! I will be picking up their new CD for sure.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I just watched Garden State for the first time this weekend, wow, what a movie.

I have never heard of The Shins until then. Natalie was right when she said "Listen to this, it will change your life." She turned me on to some new music. I went down to Best Buy the next day and picked up the soundtrack to Garden State and my two favorite songs on there are the ones for The Shins. So without any doubt, I will be purchasing both of their cd's tomorrow when I am picking up my Tuesday dvd's.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I was getting all excited when I read the topic for this thread. :)

I was overseas when the band came out here last month. Would love to have seen them live.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, between The Shins and Nick Drake (who I'm now starting to get into) I don't know how many more 30 minute CDs I can take~! :D

matthewRaz

Stunt Coordinator
ha - got me too. i was just listening to the a.c.newman album "slow wonder" today and thinking his songwriting is as strong - check it out
ha again - jut noticed NickSo is from vancouver so you prob know of him already

John Milton

Second Unit
Any news on a follow-up to Chutes Too Narrow? I doubt I'll ever get tired of "Kissing The Lipless" and "Mine's Not A High Horse" but still some new music would be nice.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Go to the Elyse Sewell blog in my sig and maybe you can get her to ask her boyfriend (Marty Crandall) ;). Or maybe she knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks