1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

New Casper Specs!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Derek Duncan, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Derek Duncan

Derek Duncan Stunt Coordinator

DVDFile is now reporting that along with the Anamorphic widescreen transfer,DD and DTS sound, and documentary. It will also have a commentary with the director, additional interviews, an episode of the Casper cartoon show, and more. So it looks like a full on special edition after all, can't wait.

Derek

2. T r o y

T r o y Supporting Actor

For those of you who had the opportunity to hear the DTS LD of Casper, which I owned at one time, know what an amazing sounding DTS track there is on that LD.
    Anyway, I just hope the DTS track on the DVD is as good.
    Hope there are some early reviews on this one with comparisons between the two.

Later!

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I have to say, I was astounded by the DTS track on the LaserDisc as well. I think the mix was more responsible for the experience than the codec. Here's hoping that the DVD has the same multichannel mix; one of the best ever!

4. Skoobooz

Skoobooz Stunt Coordinator

Jay
    Davis DVD also listed the specs a couple of days ago, but they also stated that there would be some "never before seen footage." Hope that's still on there.

5. Armand G

Armand G Stunt Coordinator

Without even watched the future dvd release I can tell you that the dvd won't come even close to the DTS LD.

6. T r o y

T r o y Supporting Actor

Armand,

Here's hoping you're wrong pal! It will definately be a feat to see if they can do an exact DTS soundtrack replication from the DTS LD for the DTS DVD. C'mon Universal , Don't disappoint us!

7. Armand G

Armand G Stunt Coordinator

I'll also hope they manage it, but since I compared a lot of DTS LD (1235 Kbps) to their Fulbitrate (1509 Kbps) dvd counterparts I'll doubt it. It's time the studio's are finally getting serious with mastering DTS tracks on dvd's.