What's new

new carpet woes: what do i do? (1 Viewer)

Ernest Aguayo

Stunt Coordinator
so when i moved into my new apartment, i discovered that the carpet that was shampooed didn't dry right, leaving a mildewy/stale smell.

the other day they removed the stink of my carpet by "de-odorizing" it, whatever that means. they claim it was a chemical process that kills the mold. so now the stink is gone, but the carpet still feels a little sticky/dirty if you rub your hand over it. i called them asking them to shampoo it again and they said a "clear rinse" should just fix it. but wouldn't another shampoo be better?

i don't know much about carpet cleaning, but i hate shortcuts and i just want this fixed once and for all. if the residue is from the deodorizer, and it's water-soluble, and that's what they mean by "clear rinse" is just a water wash, then i suppose the rinse would be just as effective?

what do you think? do you have any knowledge in this area? what would you do if you were me?

thanks...

Tim Morton

Stunt Coordinator
I would agree with the clear rinse as the next step...think about laundrying your clothes with too much detergent, then not rinsing all the suds out....you end up with the same thing as on your carpet...try the rinse and se what happens. I am assuming you are not paying for this.? If in doubt call another carpet installer and get his advice.

Ernest Aguayo

Stunt Coordinator
thanks, tim.

yeah, i am not paying for it, but this is such a hassle. i want to be able to just finish unpacking but can't. if this drags on any longer, i want to get some money back. why should i be paying rent if i can't really live there yet you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks