What's new

New Carol Burnett Show DVD On The Way (1 Viewer)

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
The episode where Carol presents Vicki the gold record is March 24, 1973. Vicki performs The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia on February 3, 1973. The performance and the gold record presentation are two different episodes.

tunesfan1

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken
The Time Life press release is incorrect. They have incorrect show numbers and air dates. Here is what the correct show numbers and air dares should be:

December 8, 1969 (show #312)
March 1, 1971 (show #423) is incorrectly listed as April 19, 1971
March 3, 1969 (show #120) incorrectly listed as December 1, 1971 (show #513) This is the episode with The Dentist sketch
February 26, 1978 (show #1120) incorrectly listed as show #120

I think they need to correct this.

Show #513 did indeed air on December 1, 1971 but this is not the episode that contained The Dentist Sketch unless Tim and Harvey did it again on this show or the sketch from show #120 was re-aired. I checked the Carol Burnett Show Companion and it lists a Dentist sketch for both shows (120 and 513). So, I'm confused as to which episode is actually going to be on the disc. The Dentist sketch released on both of the large Time Life sets says the air date is March 3, 1969 and is from show #120.
Say Brian,
On the show# above that's supposed to start with 1, and not 0120, there's 10 shows on the 50th that have the same type of mistake. Do you think it's worth waiting to buy the big set to see if they might correct the labels or do you think it won't ever happen? I'm a little surprised that after the mistake in the Tim Conway dvd, that it still continues in the 50th set with 9 more episodes. I guess as time goes on, and if they keep releasing episodes with the wrong show numbers on those few shows, we just have to make notes as to what the show numbers actually are. Thanks again for your time.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I seriously doubt they will change or correct it. Time Life has had a number if issues with incorrect air dates and show numbers. I've kind of gotten used to it. I just make sure that in my episode lists that I have the correct entries. Time Life and others list season 1 show numbers with a 0 at the beginning (show #003 for example) and season 2 show numbers beginning with a 1 (show #112 for example). I list all season 1 show numbers beginning with a 1 and then the number of the episode (show # 003 I list as 103) and all season 2 shows begin with a 2 (show #112 becomes 212). I've always seen shows listed with the first number (or first two numbers) as the season number and the last two numbers as the episode number. Why the numbering is different for The Carol Burnett Show is beyond me.

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd
When I placed my order, I was told to expect delivery in 7-10 days.

I got an e-mail today saying that mine has shipped (in Canada), so hopefully in the next week or so (fingers crossed)! The e-mail says I can check tracking in the next 2-3 days. :)

mayberry66guy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil
Well, talk about disappointment. I was so excited when the mailman stopped today and came to the door with a package from Time Life--and it arrived just 6 days after I placed my order. I could not wait to get to the kitchen and open the box. Then, it was like a kid having a new Christmas toy break!

When I opened the box, it was not the new "Best Of" 11-disc set, and the Christmas DVD I never got around to ordering. Instead it was an 11-disc set of Carol's Favorites, a 3-disc set from Carol's Crack Ups, a "Bonus Features" disc, and the booklet that went along with the first box set.

Talk about crestfallen. Now I get to try to explain how I received pieces and parts of previous sets, instead of the new set I desired. Naturally, my credit card has been charged.

I've never dealt with a return/exchange with Time Life. I am hoping it is an easy experience.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Well, talk about disappointment. I was so excited when the mailman stopped today and came to the door with a package from Time Life--and it arrived just 6 days after I placed my order. I could not wait to get to the kitchen and open the box. Then, it was like a kid having a new Christmas toy break!

When I opened the box, it was not the new "Best Of" 11-disc set, and the Christmas DVD I never got around to ordering. Instead it was an 11-disc set of Carol's Favorites, a 3-disc set from Carol's Crack Ups, a "Bonus Features" disc, and the booklet that went along with the first box set.

Talk about crestfallen. Now I get to try to explain how I received pieces and parts of previous sets, instead of the new set I desired. Naturally, my credit card has been charged.

I've never dealt with a return/exchange with Time Life. I am hoping it is an easy experience.
I'm thinking Time Life may have mixed up your order with somebody else's? What a massive bummer, regardless!

Hopefully, it proves an easy experience for you. Sorry that you have to go through this!

CHEERS! :)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

Ask for Judy ... maybe you can get a free clock

hqdefault.jpg
;')

mayberry66guy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil
Ask for Judy ... maybe you can get a free clock

hqdefault.jpg
;')
Well, Judy is on vacation, but I talked with Tony this morning. He was confused as to why I received the wrong order--with parts from two different sets!
So, he did not give me a clock radio, but he did offer to send my new order out via next-day Fed-Ex on Monday. And I did have to pay $9 to ship the wrong product back to the warehouse, which did not make me very happy.
But, I should have the CORRECT order in my hands by 10 a.m. Tuesday! (Fingers crossed!)

tunesfan1

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken
There are 22 new to DVD episodes in the "Best Of The Carol Burnett Show" 33 episodes on 11 DVD set (if I have counted right). Four of those episodes are from the recent :Best Of Tim Conway" release (still edited it would appear as well), so that leaves 18 new to DVD releases. I have already ordered the set to get those "new" to dvd 18 episodes. In the Deluxe Edition which has a total of 60 episodes on 21 DVD's, the additional 27 episodes have all been previously released onto DVD by Time Life. If you go to their web-site there is a complete listing of all episodes included in each set.
Just a quick question please(I really hope you can tell me this with certainty, it'll save me a few bucks at least). You said the additional 27 episodes on the other set of 10 dvd's("11 Years, Together Again"), have all been previously released. Hopefully you can tell me if THE EXACT SAME bloopers and extras on this set have been previously released also. Thank you so much for all your time and help.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
(A set with all of the Tudball/Wiggins sketches would be nice too, but the Family sketches have always been my favorite, so that would be my preference if given the choice.)

I finally decided to take a little time to check on these, which are my favorites. Of the 18 Tudball/Wiggins sketches I have counted, 15 are now on DVD. The 11/27/76 episode from Season 10 is unreleased, as are the 10/15/77 and 12/3/77 episodes from Season 11.

Besides seeing those last three, it would be nice to get the one T/W sketch from the 1979 Carol Burnett summer revival show as a bonus somewhere.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Just a quick question please(I really hope you can tell me this with certainty, it'll save me a few bucks at least). You said the additional 27 episodes on the other set of 10 dvd's("11 Years, Together Again"), have all been previously released. Hopefully you can tell me if THE EXACT SAME bloopers and extras on this set have been previously released also. Thank you so much for all your time and help.

I checked the list of bonus features on this new set against the the bonus features on The Lost Episodes and the original Ultimate Collection (the original Carol Burnett mega set) sets. I can say for certain that the backstage tour of Studio 33 is the same that was previously released on the Lost Episodes mega set. This Time Together Cast Reunion was previously released on the original Carol Burnett Show mega set. All of the bonus sketches have been released before. I'd almost bet that the list of interviews have all been released before. All of the featurettes have been released before. So, the only thing that I do not know 100% for sure is the bloopers and outtakes. Time Life is advertising that there are never-before-seen bloopers and outtakes, but I seriously doubt it. Since none of the other bonus features are new, I can't see why the bloopers would be.

Here is what they are advertising as the bonus features:

Exclusive bonus features including a backstage tour (previously released) , cast reunion (previously released), newly-produced featurettes (already proven to not be newly-produced), never-before-seen outtakes, and exclusive interviews (true but I would bet the farm that each and everyone of them has been released before) with Carol, Vicki, Tim, Alan Alda, Julie Andrews, Don Rickles, and more!

Here is the actual list of bonus features on the 10 disc set 11 Years, Together Again (the third set in the larger 60 episode mega set):

BONUS FEATURES:

• “This Time Together”: Cast reunion with Carol, Vicki Lawrence, Tim Conway and Lyle Waggoner (already released)
  • A Backstage Tour: Carol and Company Return to Studio 33 (taped in Los Angeles on April 2, 2015) (already released)
  • Featurettes (all previously released):
    • Gags and Gowns—A Tribute to Designer Bob Mackie
    • Side Effects May Include…About the “TV Commercials”
    • On the Spot: Carol’s Q&A
    • Fabulous Firsts
  • Interviews (more than likely all previously released):
    • Carol Burnett, Tim Conway, Vicki Lawrence
    • Alan Alda, Julie Andrews, Vikki Carr, Carol Channing, Bill Hader, Jack Jones, Queen Latifah, Steve Lawrence, Gloria Loring, Burt Reynolds, Don Rickles, Lesley Ann Warren
  • Bonus Sketches (all previously released and the Dentist sketch has been released twice before):
    • From the live television special Julie and Carol at Lincoln Center (original air date December 7, 1971) with Carol and Julie Andrews
    • “Morton of the Movies” from Show #813 (original air date December 21, 1974) with Alan Alda as a suitor using pick-up lines from old movies on Carol
    • “The Dentist” from Show #120 (original air date March 3, 1969) with Tim Conway and Harvey Korman
  • Outtakes (This is a crap shoot. Possibly already released or could be new. We'll have to wait and see)
Now all of the bonus features on the Final Show disc are new. These are listed below.

BONUS FEATURES:

Featurette: The End of 11 Years: Saying So Long
Interview: Carol Burnett

Also the bonus features on the first 10 disc set (The Best of The Carol Burnett Show) are all new. These are listed below.

BONUS FEATURES:

Featurette: 11 Years of Laughter on the Carol Burnett Show
Featurette: Fashion Forward: 11 Years of Style on The Carol Burnett Show
Interview: Jim Bailey

So, until someone gets that 60 episode set and can compare the outtakes feature to the one that was released on the Lost Episodes mega set, we're in the dark about this one.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Phil, that's BS! Why in the hell did they make you pay to ship the items back CONSIDERING that they were at fault to begin with and they had sent you the wrong items for starters? Hell no that as I'd get in touch with them again but this time request for a manager or supervisor to reimburse you for those shipping charges.

You were not at fault here as they were and that should be on their dime, not yours! Call them Monday!
They should have provided you with an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) I suspect they can just send a PDF file to your email ...

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Ok, I have an update on the blooper and outtakes question.

I got my set today and have begun going through it. I didn't get the full 60 episode set since the third set (the 11 Years, Together Again set) was all previously released episodes. I got the 11 disc set that has The Best of The Carol Burnett Show 50th Anniversary Collection and the Final Show disc.

The Best of set is in chronological order by air dates. That's a nice touch. On that set are there are 4 episodes that have bonus bloopers. These might be the never-before-seen bloopers and outtakes that Time Life advertised. I'm now more convinced that the bloopers and outtakes that are listed as a bonus feature on the 11 Years, Together Again set are the exact same bloopers and outtakes that were already released on the Lost Episodes mega set. Again, that's just a guess on my part, but I'm pretty confident in that assessment. Especially considering that all of the other bonus features on that set have all been previously released.

Last edited:

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
So if you own all the other releases, both big box sets and the additional episode sets, not counting the releases that made up the box sets all you would need to get is the basic 33 episodes on 11 discs release right?

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
So if you own all the other releases, both big box sets and the additional episode sets, not counting the releases that made up the box sets all you would need to get is the basic 33 episodes on 11 discs release right?

That is correct!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks