1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

New Carol Burnett Show DVD On The Way

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Brian Himes, Feb 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Brian Himes

Brian Himes Screenwriter

Brian
    The episode where Carol presents Vicki the gold record is March 24, 1973. Vicki performs The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia on February 3, 1973. The performance and the gold record presentation are two different episodes.

2. Message #42 of 69 Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    cherisland

cherisland Stunt Coordinator

Todd
    Has anyone received their set in the mail yet?

3. Brian Himes

Brian Himes Screenwriter

Brian
    Not yet. I don't think mine has even shipped since there is no charge on my bank yet.

cherisland likes this.
  4. tunesfan1

tunesfan1 Auditioning

Ken
    Say Brian,
    On the show# above that's supposed to start with 1, and not 0120, there's 10 shows on the 50th that have the same type of mistake. Do you think it's worth waiting to buy the big set to see if they might correct the labels or do you think it won't ever happen? I'm a little surprised that after the mistake in the Tim Conway dvd, that it still continues in the 50th set with 9 more episodes. I guess as time goes on, and if they keep releasing episodes with the wrong show numbers on those few shows, we just have to make notes as to what the show numbers actually are. Thanks again for your time.

5. Brian Himes

Brian Himes Screenwriter

Brian
    I seriously doubt they will change or correct it. Time Life has had a number if issues with incorrect air dates and show numbers. I've kind of gotten used to it. I just make sure that in my episode lists that I have the correct entries. Time Life and others list season 1 show numbers with a 0 at the beginning (show #003 for example) and season 2 show numbers beginning with a 1 (show #112 for example). I list all season 1 show numbers beginning with a 1 and then the number of the episode (show # 003 I list as 103) and all season 2 shows begin with a 2 (show #112 becomes 212). I've always seen shows listed with the first number (or first two numbers) as the season number and the last two numbers as the episode number. Why the numbering is different for The Carol Burnett Show is beyond me.

6. mayberry66guy

mayberry66guy Stunt Coordinator

Phil
    When I placed my order, I was told to expect delivery in 7-10 days.

cherisland likes this.
  7. Paintbeanie

Paintbeanie Stunt Coordinator

Peter
    I just checked and mine is on backorder (I ordered it as soon as it was posted on this board). I like your estimate. I hope it is soon as I am not a patient waiter! :)

cherisland likes this.
  8. cherisland

cherisland Stunt Coordinator

Todd

I got an e-mail today saying that mine has shipped (in Canada), so hopefully in the next week or so (fingers crossed)! The e-mail says I can check tracking in the next 2-3 days. :)

9. mayberry66guy

Phil
    Well, talk about disappointment. I was so excited when the mailman stopped today and came to the door with a package from Time Life--and it arrived just 6 days after I placed my order. I could not wait to get to the kitchen and open the box. Then, it was like a kid having a new Christmas toy break!

When I opened the box, it was not the new "Best Of" 11-disc set, and the Christmas DVD I never got around to ordering. Instead it was an 11-disc set of Carol's Favorites, a 3-disc set from Carol's Crack Ups, a "Bonus Features" disc, and the booklet that went along with the first box set.

Talk about crestfallen. Now I get to try to explain how I received pieces and parts of previous sets, instead of the new set I desired. Naturally, my credit card has been charged.

I've never dealt with a return/exchange with Time Life. I am hoping it is an easy experience.

10. Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley Producer

Anthony
    I'm thinking Time Life may have mixed up your order with somebody else's? What a massive bummer, regardless!

Hopefully, it proves an easy experience for you. Sorry that you have to go through this!

CHEERS! :)

11. B-ROLL

B-ROLL Cinematographer

Bryan
    Ask for Judy ... maybe you can get a free clock

[​IMG] ;')

mayberry66guy likes this.
  12. Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley Producer

Anthony
    And if you act now, you can also get the Hi-Res Instructional "How To" video, FREE! ;)

CHEERS! :)

13. mayberry66guy

Phil
    Well, Judy is on vacation, but I talked with Tony this morning. He was confused as to why I received the wrong order--with parts from two different sets!
    So, he did not give me a clock radio, but he did offer to send my new order out via next-day Fed-Ex on Monday. And I did have to pay $9 to ship the wrong product back to the warehouse, which did not make me very happy.
    But, I should have the CORRECT order in my hands by 10 a.m. Tuesday! (Fingers crossed!)

14. tunesfan1

tunesfan1 Auditioning

Ken
    Just a quick question please(I really hope you can tell me this with certainty, it'll save me a few bucks at least). You said the additional 27 episodes on the other set of 10 dvd's("11 Years, Together Again"), have all been previously released. Hopefully you can tell me if THE EXACT SAME bloopers and extras on this set have been previously released also. Thank you so much for all your time and help.

15. FanCollector

FanCollector Producer

Lee
    I finally decided to take a little time to check on these, which are my favorites. Of the 18 Tudball/Wiggins sketches I have counted, 15 are now on DVD. The 11/27/76 episode from Season 10 is unreleased, as are the 10/15/77 and 12/3/77 episodes from Season 11.

Besides seeing those last three, it would be nice to get the one T/W sketch from the 1979 Carol Burnett summer revival show as a bonus somewhere.

Dave Lawrence likes this.
  16. Message #56 of 69 May 6, 2017
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Brian Himes

Brian Himes Screenwriter

Brian
    I checked the list of bonus features on this new set against the the bonus features on The Lost Episodes and the original Ultimate Collection (the original Carol Burnett mega set) sets. I can say for certain that the backstage tour of Studio 33 is the same that was previously released on the Lost Episodes mega set. This Time Together Cast Reunion was previously released on the original Carol Burnett Show mega set. All of the bonus sketches have been released before. I'd almost bet that the list of interviews have all been released before. All of the featurettes have been released before. So, the only thing that I do not know 100% for sure is the bloopers and outtakes. Time Life is advertising that there are never-before-seen bloopers and outtakes, but I seriously doubt it. Since none of the other bonus features are new, I can't see why the bloopers would be.

Here is what they are advertising as the bonus features:

Exclusive bonus features including a backstage tour (previously released) , cast reunion (previously released), newly-produced featurettes (already proven to not be newly-produced), never-before-seen outtakes, and exclusive interviews (true but I would bet the farm that each and everyone of them has been released before) with Carol, Vicki, Tim, Alan Alda, Julie Andrews, Don Rickles, and more!

Here is the actual list of bonus features on the 10 disc set 11 Years, Together Again (the third set in the larger 60 episode mega set):

BONUS FEATURES:

• “This Time Together”: Cast reunion with Carol, Vicki Lawrence, Tim Conway and Lyle Waggoner (already released)
    • A Backstage Tour: Carol and Company Return to Studio 33 (taped in Los Angeles on April 2, 2015) (already released)
    • Featurettes (all previously released):
      • Gags and Gowns—A Tribute to Designer Bob Mackie
      • Side Effects May Include…About the “TV Commercials”
      • On the Spot: Carol’s Q&A
      • Fabulous Firsts
    • Interviews (more than likely all previously released):
      • Carol Burnett, Tim Conway, Vicki Lawrence
      • Alan Alda, Julie Andrews, Vikki Carr, Carol Channing, Bill Hader, Jack Jones, Queen Latifah, Steve Lawrence, Gloria Loring, Burt Reynolds, Don Rickles, Lesley Ann Warren
    • Bonus Sketches (all previously released and the Dentist sketch has been released twice before):
      • From the live television special Julie and Carol at Lincoln Center (original air date December 7, 1971) with Carol and Julie Andrews
      • “Morton of the Movies” from Show #813 (original air date December 21, 1974) with Alan Alda as a suitor using pick-up lines from old movies on Carol
      • “The Dentist” from Show #120 (original air date March 3, 1969) with Tim Conway and Harvey Korman
    • Outtakes (This is a crap shoot. Possibly already released or could be new. We'll have to wait and see)
    Now all of the bonus features on the Final Show disc are new. These are listed below.

BONUS FEATURES:

Featurette: The End of 11 Years: Saying So Long
    Interview: Carol Burnett

Also the bonus features on the first 10 disc set (The Best of The Carol Burnett Show) are all new. These are listed below.

BONUS FEATURES:

Featurette: 11 Years of Laughter on the Carol Burnett Show
    Featurette: Fashion Forward: 11 Years of Style on The Carol Burnett Show
    Interview: Jim Bailey

So, until someone gets that 60 episode set and can compare the outtakes feature to the one that was released on the Lost Episodes mega set, we're in the dark about this one.

I hope this helps.

17. B-ROLL

B-ROLL Cinematographer

Bryan
    They should have provided you with an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) I suspect they can just send a PDF file to your email ...

18. Message #58 of 69 May 6, 2017
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Brian Himes

Brian Himes Screenwriter

Brian
    Ok, I have an update on the blooper and outtakes question.

I got my set today and have begun going through it. I didn't get the full 60 episode set since the third set (the 11 Years, Together Again set) was all previously released episodes. I got the 11 disc set that has The Best of The Carol Burnett Show 50th Anniversary Collection and the Final Show disc.

The Best of set is in chronological order by air dates. That's a nice touch. On that set are there are 4 episodes that have bonus bloopers. These might be the never-before-seen bloopers and outtakes that Time Life advertised. I'm now more convinced that the bloopers and outtakes that are listed as a bonus feature on the 11 Years, Together Again set are the exact same bloopers and outtakes that were already released on the Lost Episodes mega set. Again, that's just a guess on my part, but I'm pretty confident in that assessment. Especially considering that all of the other bonus features on that set have all been previously released.

19. chadHobbick

chadHobbick Stunt Coordinator

Chad
    So if you own all the other releases, both big box sets and the additional episode sets, not counting the releases that made up the box sets all you would need to get is the basic 33 episodes on 11 discs release right?

20. mrz7

mrz7 Second Unit

Scott Zuncic
    That is correct!