What's new

New Car Smell... Pee-ooo!!! (1 Viewer)

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Do you plan on any customizing it?
You know, a lot of people have asked me that, and several people want me to... but I kind of just want to leave it stock. I didn't even customize my old 94 Civic Si (you know, the most customized car IN THE WORLD! ;) ). I don't want to sink unnecessary cash into the car, considering it's already a great performer and has fantastic looks. I've considered a couple of small customizations though, like clearing the corners (removing the amber inserts in the headlights to make them clear, and simply inserting an amber bulb instead), adding Tuscani badges/emblems to replace the Hyundai stock emblems, etc.

A lot of the time modding just attracts the attention of thieves and vandals... I don't wanna do that...

Having said that, I think my first "addition" to the car will be a fully-functional alarm system, to compensate for the somewhat simplistic stock alarm included with the car.

Moe.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
My Celica is three years old with 91,000 miles on her and she still has that new car smell. It all depends on how often you clean the interior and what you use. I don't use aftermarket air fresheners. (My girlfriend has one in her car that's supposed to be some kind of berry and it smells downright repulsive.) Also, no pets, no smoking, dipping, drinking alcoholic beverages or eating is allowed in my car.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Moe: Car & Driver has said several times that Hyundais DO have a really obnoxious new-car smell, compared to other brands.

So you're not alone!

LJ

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone ever had a new car parked in your garage? My last 2 cars were "new" and they put this protective coating on the engines that burns off after about a month.

The garage would smell pretty bad after I parked the car (i.e. the hot engine would burn the stuff off slowly). That was pretty pungent. Much worse than what was on the inside.

p.s. How about those "New Car" air fresheners? :D Those things smell more like leather than anything else. It's just not the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks