What's new

New Car audio (1 Viewer)

I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on these 2 head units and Disc changer. The hu are "Pioneer Premier™ DEHP760MP XM-Ready AM/FM CD Receiver with Organic EL Display" for 319.99 and "Pioneer Premier™ DEH-P460MP XM-Ready Am/FM CD/MP3/WMA/WAV Receiver" for 199.99. The cd changer is " Pioneer CDXP686 6-Disc CD Changer with CD-R/RW Capability" for 159.99. I may also install XM radio but I may wait till closer till Oct for O and A. I am planning on going to Tweeter tommorow.

Thanks in advance

Brian

StephenHa

Second Unit
both are decent units, teh big difference is the picture, I'm not a huge fan of pioneer car audio, but the premier stuff has always been good

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator
It's going to chiefly depend on what you're planning on doing later on down the road. The 760 has 3 5 volt preouts, for adding on amps and the like, and the sub control is nice as well as the built-in crossovers. The 760 also has a better display (by far).

Both decks are available online for a significantly cheaper price than you'll find at Tweeter. Take a look around before dropping $200-300 bills on a deck. :)

StephenHa

Second Unit
just keep in mind those online prices have no installation or warranty (pioneer doesn't allow online premier sales)

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
both those are good unit, obviously the 760 is better. IMO for better down the road plans get the Eclipse 2003 model 8443 if you can at your local shop. They're being replaced by the 8454 but are leaps and bounds better than any other unit on the market. Its all DSP, with 24 bit DAC(great SQ for CDs), 10 band parametric EQ, and 8V preouts. Alpine is good too but i think the next time up Pioneer, 860 and 960, are better than the Alpines(unless you get the F1). IMO, Eclipse first, than a toss between the Pioneer and Alpine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks