New Buffy Season One cover for triple Alpha case

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Frank Anderson, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

As promised I scanned and resized the Buffy Season One cover. It is for the Amaray SLIM triple DVD case. The same case used for M*A*S*H complete season one TV series. The picture dimensions should be 11.8 X 7.527 when you print it.
    It is NOT for the regular Amaray 3 disc case. The regular 3-disc case is the same width as an Amaray 4-disc case or the one used for Planet of the Apes complete TV series.
    You can find the cases by clicking on the inetdvd link below. Anyone interested in the scan let me know here or send me an email at [email protected] Also I forgot who it was, but the person who has the website with all the replacement DVD covers please send me a reminder to send it to you.

2. Dustin D

Dustin D Stunt Coordinator

I'd like a copy of the replacement cover. Been considering replacing the case with one from inetdvd.com, but now that there's a cover to with it I definitely will.

Thanks!

P.S. If anyone wants to post the address of that replacement covers site, I'd appreciate it. I'd like to do the same thing with other cardboard cases, like Rocky Horror, Moulin Rouge, and the Simpsons.

3. Frank Anderson

I will do Simpson's season one in a couple of days. I am having some scanner problems. I was luck to get Buffy done. Remember I am not adding or deleting anything from the covers. Just scanning and making the spine fit.

4. Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier Supporting Actor

Frank,
    you can email the covers to [email protected] or (if you mail server can't handle large files) drop me a line at [email protected] and we'll figure out some other way to get me the cover so I can put it up for mass consumption.
    thanks
    -Matt

5. Frank Anderson

Matt,

I sent it to the first email address.

6. Frank Anderson

7. DeborahK

DeborahK Supporting Actor

I do not see any Amaray 3 disk cases at that link, slim or otherwise. All I can see is one double and a whole bunch of singles. What gives?

Thanks,

Deborah

8. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

9. DeborahK

Thanks, Dave!

I am still a bit confused, however, because the case you point me to is described as an Alpha and not an Amaray case. I am not so good with the names and definitions of such things, so are Alpha and Amaray the same? I was under the impression that these were two different things.

Thanks for your help,

Deborah

10. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

They are different types of cases, but are similar enough for our purposes. [​IMG] In short, the difference is in the style of hub that holds the disc. This is a horrible description, but the Amarays have two large pieces that you push in to release the disc. The Alphas have a large fixed piece & 2 small tabs that hold the disc.
    I have the case that I linked to & printed out Frank's cover today. It looks great! [​IMG]
    -Dave

11. Frank Anderson

I feel special [​IMG]

12. DeborahK

Dave,

Thanks for the explanation. I would not have been confused if the original post has said "Alpha Slim 3 disk case" but the Amaray threw me when I could fine no 3 disk case of any sort that was Amaray.

Deborah

13. Frank Anderson

Sorry Deborah,

That was my fault. I'll see if a mod can change it.

14. DeborahK

No problem, Frank. And I can't really cast stones -- my last post was so full of typos that it sounded illiterate! So, mea culpa, etc., and glad I have the cases thing all straight now.

Deborah

15. Frank Anderson

16. Mike Miskulin

Mike Miskulin Second Unit

Well, I wouldn't say it's moot just yet Frank! [​IMG] I think there is a definite desire for original cover design, albeit modifed for keepcases (as is apparent from other threads), so keep your work coming! Mine's just an alternative for those who want a different syle. Thanks for the compliment, though!
    mike.