What's new

New bluray player with audio playback on fast forward (1 Viewer)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Since 2009 I've only had a PS3 for playing blurays, and the fan has finally gotten so incredibly noisy in the past year that we are replacing it for watching movies.

So I got the Sony 6700 last Thursday and we will be returning it as defective, because when you pause a disc, there is about a 50/50 shot that when you resume playback the lip sync will be seriously off, which can only be resolved by a power cycle.

The other big thing is that ever since connecting the Sony to our receiver it has been almost impossible to turn the power off to our TV. If we switch the TV off, it powers itself back on almost immediately, since it's a plasma, I have the habit of switching the power off any of the innumerable times I see my wife has left the TV paused on the DVD or bluray player and walked away for an indefinite period of time. Now I can't do that, if the bluray power is on, you cannot turn the tv power off without unplugging the TV.

We love how quiet it is, and we LOVE that we can use a universal remote (since one cannot use a non play station remote with the PS3 without buying a 100$ accessory) but I want to get a different player because there is a key feature I really didn't realize how much I need. The play station plays one its slowest fast forward setting subtitles and audio, this makes watching extra features take a lot less time and I use it all the time. It's especially nice for playing commentaries.

So does anyone have any recommendations for a bluray player that plays audio and subtitles during fast forward?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Older Panasonic models do that (have audio for the first FF setting) but not the most recent ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks