What's new

New Blu-Ray player (1 Viewer)

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
Thanks Robert.. that's a little higher than I want to go.

Technical question. On a movie like Cars which has audio listed as LPCM 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1, but no TrueHD or DTS-HD MA listed. If I have the player set up to bitstream, will it only bitstream the Dolby Digital 5.1? Is there no TrueHD or DTS-HD MA encoding on the disc?

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
It will bitstream whatever audio format you select. So, if you select LPCM, it will bitstream LPCM, which should sound identical to TrueHD or DTS-HD MA. In fact, the only downside to this is that the "TrueHD / DTS-HD MA" light(s) won't come on on your AVR, so it's not obvious at a glance that you're getting lossless audio.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
I'd also recommend the Sony BDP-S350. It's a solid player and seems to be performing a bit faster with the latest firmware installed.

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
On the Samsung BD-HP1600, when you want to implement BD-Live, can you use the USB port on the back of the player? I would hope you do not have to use the one on the front.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
The owner's manual seems to indicate you can. The only "dedicated" function assigned to the back port is if you want to connect to a wireless network. In that case, the USB wireless dongle has to be connected to the rear USB port.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks