1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

New Blizzard MMORPG

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Graeme Clark, Sep 3, 2001.

1. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

Blizzard has announced their latest project, which is a MMORPG based in the Warcraft world called World of Warcraft. Not a big surprise to me, I assumed it would be a MMORPG, just wasn't sure if it would take place in the Warcraft world. I won't talk about the game too much, because I'm not really a fan of MMORPGs or even RPGs in general, but I suppose if any company can get me insterested, it could be Blizzard.
    Official Site with screens, FAQ, and 2 movies (one cinematic and one gameplay).
    Lengthy Gamespy Preview with report from ECTS where the game was announced.
    7 Page Gamespot Preview with their own movie (8 and a half minutes).
    Hopefully this doesn't turn into another Warcraft Adventures, but it looks good so far.
    ------------------

2. Romier S

Romier S Producer

It looks good, me not being an MMORPG fan I cant say I'm all that excited. I will say this, they are joining a really crowded group of games. I personally dont think there are enough gamers running around willing to buy into all of the MMORPGS. Off thetop of my head here are a list of MMORPGS that are out or a scheduled to be released:
    Anarchy Online
    Everquest
    Ultima Online
    Shadowbane
    Quest for Camelot
    Mimesis
    Worlds of Warcraft
    Star Wars Galaxies
    Thats all I can think of right now but does anyone really think that there is enough interest to support this many games of this type? I personally dont.

3. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

It took me 5 minutes to figure out what the hell "MMORPG" was!
    Do I win anything?

4. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

you're the slowest time in the fastest finger question. Unfortunatly, you lose.... big time.
    ------------------