New blink-182 album...

Discussion in 'Music' started by Matty P, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Matty P

Matty P Stunt Coordinator

I know there are a lot of blink haters out there but...snagged an early copy of the new disc yesterday and it's damn good....pretty dark and depressing, both musically and lyrically, which I think is a first for an entire blink album...the single out now (Feeling This) is the most upbeat song on it. Robert Smith even sings lead vocals on one of the tracks! (my personal fav song) Recommended for those looking for it on Tuesday, just my $0.02....

2. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I was a huge blink fan, i still am, but not as huge as before...

This album is allright, their sound has definitely evolved greatly from Enema to this one, even from TOYPAJ to this one they have evolved their sound. No more dick and fart joke-songs. The whole album reminds me of "Stay together for the kids" sound. They've even gone radiohead-ish (Going from more basic music to more electronic as radiohead did) with songs like "The Fallen INterlude"

Its not as catchy as TOYPAJ and Enema, but they do have some decent songs... Im hoping it'l grow on me

3. Greg Black

Greg Black Second Unit

I really miss the melodies and hooks from all their previous albums. I hated what the producer of Enema and Jacket did to the sound (watered down) of the band, but the songs themselves were good (well, some of Jacket was bleh). This new album though... Ugh, I don't know. The songs are boring; they are trying to hard to sound "mature". Their attempt to incorporate different sounds and electronic embellishments sounds too gimick-y to me. They need to strip back the arrangements of their songs, beef up the guitar sound a little in the mix, and maybe just write some better songs. I loved Blink back in the days of Cheshire Cat and Dude Ranch, but with each successive album, they just keep letting me down.