New "Billy Jack" box set

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Dion C, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Dion C

Dion C Stunt Coordinator

So I'm in Best Buy the other night, browsing the DVD section, and I see that old, nasty Billy Jack dvd box set -- the pan 'n scan atrocity, non-anamorphic, etc.

Sitting next to it is a brand new box set: all four films, anamorphic, a bonus disc of extras, new packaging design...

Was wondering if anybody has had an opportunity to check this set out. I know they are really dated films at this point, but I have fond nostalgia-anchored memories of this series (seeing them at the drive-in as a kid).

If the video/audio is improved -- I never bothered with the old set -- then I'd consider picking the set up. It's not expensive. (Around 32 bucks, IIRC>)

Anybody seen 'em?

< side note: Since that trip to Best Buy and seeing the set, I have not been able to purge the "One Tin Soldier" Billy Jack theme song from my head. It's like it's haunting me. I may need medication. Somebody help me. LOL >

2. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

I would jump all over an anamorphic release of the original film (the subsequent ones didn't do much for me). This is long overdue for this HUGE cult classic. [​IMG]

3. Jay Taylor

Jay Taylor Supporting Actor

I couldn't tell if the boxed set at our Best Buy was Pan & Scan or not. So I checked on-line and found a different set called "The Ultimate Billy Jack Collection" at Amazon that is anamorphic widescreen.

One of the Amazon reviewers wrote this in part:

4. Daryl L

Daryl L Supporting Actor

I found this. Put out by Venture Studio.

Also found it at several sites through DVDPriceSearch.

5. Ric Bagoly

Ric Bagoly Producer

MINE

6. Louis Howard

Louis Howard Auditioning

I dunno. I picked up the old set at a pawn shop for less than ten bucks a few months ago, knowing the new set is on it's way. To be honest, the only one I would care about buying again is the 'Billy Jack' movie itself.