New Big Screen Classics Film Series in New Jersey

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter Apruzzese, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    Article here:
    Bergen Record
    Pertinent information:
    "The weekly Big Screen Classics film series will allow moviegoers the unique opportunity to experience classic films in the way they were meant to be seen: in the glory of 35mm on a huge 45-foot movie screen. This special series is co-produced by the Galaxy Theatre, Bob Furmanek and the Fort Lee Film Commission, as part of their ongoing efforts to promote New Jersey’s unique contributions to the history of the motion picture. The Galaxy Theatre is located at 7000 Boulevard East in Guttenberg, New Jersey. All seats are $5.00 at all times and free validated parking is available in the Galaxy Garage. Galaxy Theatre Website "
    Movies:
    ELVIS-THAT'S THE WAY IT IS Special Edition (New York Area Premiere!)- August 16th at 7:20 & 9:45
    JAILHOUSE ROCK & VIVA LAS VEGAS Double Feature - Saturday, August 24th and 2pm
    All other shows begin at 8pm:
    August 29 – ON THE WATERFRONT
    September 5 – ON THE TOWN
    September 12 – 42ND STREET
    September 19 – WEST SIDE STORY
    September 26 – SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER – THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY
    October 3 – 13 GHOSTS (1960) - PRESENTED IN ILLUSION-O!
    October 10 – THE BODY SNATCHER
    October 17 – THE HAUNTING (1963)
    October 24 – John Carpenter's HALLOWEEN
    October 31 – THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, starring Lon Chaney, the 1925 silent film with live organ accompaniment by Jeff Barker on the Galaxy Kimball Theatre Pipe Organ!
    November 4 – MR. SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON
    November 11 – THE BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES
    November 21 – THE GODFATHER: THE 30TH ANNIVERSARY
    November 29 – MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET (1947)
    December 5 – FROM HERE TO ETERNITY
    December 12 – A CHRISTMAS STORY
    December 19 – WHITE CHRISTMAS
    December 24th (Christmas Eve) – IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE,
    December 31st (New Year’s Eve) – THE TIME MACHINE (1960)
    This is a great line-up of classics for the Big Screen, hope to see some of you there!
    Pete

2. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    Just got a note from Bob (he must be having problems posting to here with his webtv):

3. Colin-H

Colin-H Second Unit

This is awesome. I can't wait to see On the Waterfront. Although I'll be away at school, I was planning to come home to see Seven Samurai in NYC. This is like a once in a lifetime chance to catch two of my favorite films on the big screen in the same weekend. Awesome.

4. Bill Huelbig

Bill Huelbig Second Unit

Bill Huelbig
    Thanks again, Peter - you are truly New Jersey's information man for classic movies. I had a feeling I'd be seeing THE HAUNTING on the big screen sometime this year, only I figured it would be at the Loew's Jersey. Hey, maybe they will show it too? Can't ever get enough of THE HAUNTING.

--Bill