What's new

New Bedroom TV HDTV or not? (1 Viewer)

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Well if you lived in South Florida this week BrandsMart USA has the 27 inch Zenith HDTV model C27V22 for $398.88 & the 26" Wide-Screen Samsung model TXN2665 for $448.88 They are also running a deal with "VOOM" HDTV where if you sign a contract with "VOOM" for 2 years to spend $65.00 a month or more on programming "VOOM" will send you a Rebate Check for $500 within 6 weeks after you purchase your HDTV set from BrandsMart USA. So deals are out there you just have to look around Really Hard for Discontinued Models & etc. If I remember right someone said that Sears will be cleaning out their older 26" Samsung's for well under $500 But No, I don't think your going to find any 30" models anywhere near the $400 mark for quite awhile unless there refurbished sets & then the Heavy Shipping Weight only kills the deal on them unless you can pick them up yourself. Happy Hunting & my rule of thumb has been, if your going to spend over $500 on a set get an HDTV set. Here is a link to BrandsMart USA www.brandsmartusa.com

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Well if you lived in South Florida this week BrandsMart USA has the 27 inch Zenith HDTV model C27V22 for $398.88 & the 26" Wide-Screen Samsung model TXN2665 for $448.88 They are also running a deal with "VOOM" HDTV where if you sign a contract with "VOOM" for 2 years to spend $65.00 a month or more on programming "VOOM" will send you a Rebate Check for $500 within 6 weeks after you purchase your HDTV set from BrandsMart USA. So deals are out there you just have to look around Really Hard for Discontinued Models & etc. If I remember right someone said that Sears will be cleaning out their older 26" Samsung's for well under $500 But No, I don't think your going to find any 30" models anywhere near the $400 mark for quite awhile unless there refurbished sets & then the Heavy Shipping Weight only kills the deal on them unless you can pick them up yourself. Happy Hunting & my rule of thumb has been, if your going to spend over $500 on a set get an HDTV set. Here is a link to BrandsMart USA www.brandsmartusa.com

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
You asked for shopping advice but you didn't tell us what your needs are. :)

Will this be the main television or DVD-watching TV?
Will you play lots of video games?
Do you curently HD reception (OTA or cable)?
Is this for watching the news as you fall asleep?
How far away will it be from you?

If this is your main viewing TV for movies, television, and video games then get an HD set. But be prepared to spend $800 minimum.

If this is a 27" TV viewed from 13' away, no HD signal, watching the Leno show as you fall asleep then why waste money on HD capability? You won't benefit from it. Buy a cheap set and earmark the difference for replacing your main movie-watching TV with a better HD set.

Does anyone really believe that analog TV broadcasts are going to disappear in two years? I just don't see it happening.

For a main TV, I agree with Jack completely. For a secondary set, get something cheap.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
You asked for shopping advice but you didn't tell us what your needs are. :)

Will this be the main television or DVD-watching TV?
Will you play lots of video games?
Do you curently HD reception (OTA or cable)?
Is this for watching the news as you fall asleep?
How far away will it be from you?

If this is your main viewing TV for movies, television, and video games then get an HD set. But be prepared to spend $800 minimum.

If this is a 27" TV viewed from 13' away, no HD signal, watching the Leno show as you fall asleep then why waste money on HD capability? You won't benefit from it. Buy a cheap set and earmark the difference for replacing your main movie-watching TV with a better HD set.

Does anyone really believe that analog TV broadcasts are going to disappear in two years? I just don't see it happening.

For a main TV, I agree with Jack completely. For a secondary set, get something cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks