New Battlestar Galactica

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter Gregg, Jun 30, 2001.

1. Peter Gregg

Peter Gregg Auditioning

Hollywood reporter writes: "Fox orders a two-hour movie of "Battlestar Galactica" that will also serve as a pilot for a possible new series." There is a full story at hollywoodreporter.com

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Yes, Fox is going to show the pilot on broadcast TV. Apparently the series will be simulcast on the Sci-Fi channel. Fox actually has been interested in picking up Galactica for years, but only now, with Bryan Singer and Tom DeSanto were they able to get the financial backing
    Jeff Kleist

3. Kevin Potts

Kevin Potts Second Unit

Hmm, I can't decide if this is a good or bad thing. I suppose I'll watch if it isn't too cheesy, but if it's anything like the original it probably will be.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    "Would you fly with him"? "I don't know. I just don't know"

4. Jeff Kleist

The original was one of the greatest shows of all time! (of course, it could have used less Boxey [​IMG]
    My BSG DVD is signed by most of the surviving cast [​IMG]

5. Colin Davidson

Colin Davidson Second Unit

Hey...give the kid (Boxey) a break!
    At least he wasn't out saving the ship
    every episode. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Regards
    Colin

6. Jeff Kleist

Starbuck chose Cassie because Maren Jensen said that she was quitting halfway thru the season, and they needed to write her out
    Jeff kleist

7. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

8. Phil Florian

Phil Florian Screenwriter

I saw Dirk Benedict (and the guy who played Boomer...can't remember his name) at a convention (okay, ubergeek here [​IMG] ) and they did discuss the "Galactica" show. I don't know if they made a decision by now, but as of May, they were still on the fence as to whether or not they will have the original cast there to "pass the torch" to the new guys, have them on as semi-regulars who "send the young guys out to do the dirty work" or just forget them entirely. Part of me would love to see the old guys, but then there is the part of me that remembers how that worked in "Generations."
    Phil
    ...and they better not change those boss helmets too much! [​IMG]

9. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

Phil-
    Don't feel bad, I saw Richard Hatch last year or two years ago, I forget, at a Star Trek Convention in San Francisco. But he was in the dealer's room selling autographed photos for $5 bucks and posing for pictures. He was saying how he was hard at work trying to sell a script for Galactica. He spoke about the rights for the series and Glen Larson. I forget the details now. It was kinda neat to see how he looked the same. But kinda sad he was doing what he was doing, I guess you gotta eat. Or it's just good marketing on his part, keeping his face out there amongst the fans and pushing a new Galactica.
    Nelson

10. Jeff Kleist

There is no question in my mind that w/o Richard Hatch, a new Galactica would not be happening right now. He got the fans moving, put the pressure on, and despite his scewed view of how the revival should go, I will be very upset if Mr. Singer does not include him.
    He went out and maxed his credit cards to make a kickass presentation trailer (which included John Colicos' last performance as Baltar) that really really blows you away. In that trailer is also Eric the Cylon (pictures onhttp://www.battlestargalactica.com) whose costume, all the actors agree, is better than the originals.
    I can related some details from the trailer's first shoot where John Colicos and Terry Carter(Col. Tigh) shot scenes if people want me to. To sum it up, I HAD A CIGARETTE WITH BALTAR, IN THE F**KING COSTUME!!!!!!!!!!
    Jeff Kleist