What's new

New Battlestar Galactica TV movie closer to reality (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
From http://www.bcfilmcommission.com/whatsnew/filmlist_1.htm
*BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
B.S.G. Film Prodn. Services Ltd.
Exec. Prod: Dan Angel, Billy Brown, Tom DeSanto, Bryan Singer
Suprv. Prod: Tim Iacofano
Director: Bryan Singer
DOP: TBA
PM: Brent O'Connor
PC: Michelle Parzentny
LM: TBA
ALM: TBA
PD: Guy Hendrix Dyas
Casting: TBA
Extras: TBA
Cast: TBA
Sched: Dec. 11 - Feb. 14/02
37 Dunlevy Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6A 3A3
602-7350 fax: 602-7357
WHOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Cool!
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Great news!
Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
More info on casting, if true, I am PSYCHED!:
posted to scifi.com bboard -- seems to be legit.
---
I can not comment on why Bryan Singer or Tom DeSanto has not been comunicating with the fans but trust me I do know someone who is working on the the new Battlestar Galactica production and I seen the new designs for the updated Cylon Centourian and IL series and let me tell you they are breathTaking and I think everybody will be impressed.
Now the casting news, This is the only thing I can confirm and it will be anounced with in a few weeks. Some of you will not like it but I feel the fans should know.
Sir Ian MCellum best known as Magneto from the X-men is in final negotiations to be signed as....get this
Comander Adama
Dispite the fans desires not to recast original actors that are deceased , the new producers felt the only way to incorporate original charactors with new ones was to recast Adama because the producers like Richard Hatch but they feel Richard's presences at this time is not the right choice to lead the fleet
another X-men alumni James Marsden best known as Cyclops has already been sign to play a grown up Boxey. On parr with the Galactica 1980 series he will be going by the name Lt.Troy
Jennifer Hetrick best known for her role on LA LAW and Picard's love interest on Star Trek The Next Generation is up againts 2 other actresses for the part of Athena . Athena's role will be an ambitious Council Member.
Last but not least Dirk Benedict will return as Captain Starbuck. He will still be an active warrior so don't worry fans he wont be sitting behind any desks.
Also I'd like to add that Herb Jefferson Jr. will also return as Boomer but I have no Idea what boomer's role will be.
I will return as soon as I can get more imformation but my only suggestion for helping Richard Hatch is let your voices be heard.
I know for a fact that the new producers do LIKE Richard Hatch however I have no knowledge on why they will not sign him. It could be possible that Glen Larsons invovlement may be throwing a monkey wrench in the situation.
All I can say is I am taking a big risk by posting this message.
So please all fans speak up to help restore the original Battlestar Galactica premise.

I'm not surpised Richard is getting snubbed, probably on Universal's order. Richard was instrumental in keeping the flame alive, and despite the fact that some of his vision of Galactica is a little skewed, He deserves to be in the new show.
Either way, the new casting is fantastic! Here's hoping that some of the other originals can be worked in!
Jeff Kleist

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks