What's new

New Battlestar Galactica series..Any news of a dvd release? (1 Viewer)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott

Best Buy would be best served by going even cheaper so that almost everyone who wants to buy the set already has it by the time every other store gets it in stock. If I were them, I'd use it as a loss leader to get people into the stores.

Of course, I'm thinking a bit selfishly. :D

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
If Best Buy were smart :laugh: they would charge a moderately high price for the first few weeks and then a week or two before the larger release cut the price down to the break even point (or possibly even a loss leader). That way they get both ends of the market satisfied during their exclusive release window leaving their competition hurting.

Sean*O

Second Unit
This is great news. Eventually, Best Buy can have exclusives on everything and everyone else can go out of business. :)

I mean come on, Warner, why even ship to retailers in September? Keep the ball rolling and cut them off now & be done with it.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Yeah! You should write Warner Bros. a nasty letter telling them exactly what you think of their plans for Battlestar Galactica. Be sure to post the reply here if you get one. :)

Joe

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
will this box set include the mini series or is it just the 13 episodes? I haven't seen the mini series on sale in some time.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Since the mini-series was previously released on DVD and is a separate entity from the actual first season, I see no reason why it would be included. It is currently available at Best Buy on line and elsewhere. It may not be on the shelves where you generally buy DVDs, but that doesn't necessarily mean a disc is out of print. Sometimes a particular retailer just decides not to devote shelf space to a product that doesn't sell well in his area. (Heck one supermarket near my office does not carry the store brand low fat ice cream I like because it is a smaller store and all their shelf space is devoted to the regular ice cream and low fat frozen yogurt most of their customers prefer. :))

In the U.K., where the mini-series is sold separately, the first season has only
the 13 episodes on 4 discs.

Regards,

Joe

AndrewWickliffe

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Wickliffe
Gord,

I just read the update on Best Buy's site you linked to...

"Most" DVD Players will be able to play them. I'm thinking they've got to be DVD-Rs or DVD+Rs then...

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Nothing wrong with a new post, but a new thread was not necessary. It's been merged into the existing thread.

M.

Mark Seyb

Agent
I remember people saying that the actual UK broadcasts were edited compared to some of ours. Particularly, the scene in which you see Boomers spine glow when she is having sex with Helo.
Does anyone have a clue if this is deleted on the UK DVD's? Also, I would think the Podcast commentary would be on the US DVD's as well. I wont be buying the Best Buy UK set but the exclusive no longer bothers me. It would and will if what they offer in September is identical though. As it is now, it's just a different version you can get early.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Andrew, these won't be DVD-Rs...I just think Best Buy is so confused with what they have that they're putting weird statements like that on their site.

Seriously...this doesn't bode well for future Best Buy exclusives from Universal (haha!).

Gord

Clay_E

Second Unit
Digital Bits listed the price for the Best Buy exclusive as $49.99. I thought it was lowered to $39.99?

Lane_S

Agent
Damn! Now that I've been through this thread I'm even more confused.

Since the on-line Best Buy price is $49.99, I fully expect it to be closer to $39.99 first week since they never reveal their first week prices until much closer to release. I have to believe Best Buy is getting special incentives to do this exclusive (e.g. lower initial pricing, free units, advertising soft dollars, etc.) so it would be in their best interest to move a lot of units that first week to attract other "exclusive" opportunities.

My problem now is that this *was* a day/date purchase for me, but now that there is confusion over possible sanitizing UK edits, I'm going to have to hold off. If it does turn out this is a special set for Best Buy only and the "real" R1 with additional features (the podcasts are a no brainer) or whatever comes out later, this is going to blow up in their faces big time.

P.S. - The cover sucks. I'm as much a fan of Tricia Helfer's breasts as the next guy, but the cover could have been so much more.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

The cover speaks volumes. It's 7 of 9 taken even further in the name of jerk off boys sales.

Frankly every time I see that "cylon" I think it would have been an interesting casting choice to have the cylon played by Courtney Love.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks