What's new

New batch of MGM "Midnite Movies" for April revealed!!! (1 Viewer)

Thomas Hart

Stunt Coordinator
From http://www.dvddrive-in.com :
MGM has announced their April batch of "Midnite Movies" double feature DVDs. All will be released on April 15 and retail for only $14.95 each. Here are the April titles:
ANGEL UNCHAINED/CYCLE SAVAGES (Both films 1.85:1, 16 x 9)
MUSCLE BEACH PARTY/SKI PARTY (Both films 2.35:1, 16 x 9)
INVISIBLE INVADERS/JOURNEY TO THE SEVENTH PLANET (INVISIBLE INVADERS: 1.33:1; JOURNEY: 1.66:1 letterboxed)
CRY OF THE BANSHEE/MURDERS IN THE RUE MORGUE (1971) (CRY OF THE BANSHEE--91 minute Director's Cut; 1.85:1; 16 x 9; includes new video interview with director Gordon Hessler; MURDERS IN THE RUE MORGUE--98 minute Director's Cut, featuring 11 minutes of footage cut from the original release; 1.85:1; 16 x 9; includes new video interview with director Gordon Hessler)
PSYCH-OUT/THE TRIP (PSYCH-OUT--1.85:1; 16 x 9; includes new featurette with director Richard Rush, producer Dick Clark, cinematographer Lazlo Kovacs and actor Bruce Dern; commentary track with director Richard Rush; THE TRIP--1.85:1, 16 x 9; three new featurettes with Director Roger Corman, actor Bruce Dern and Allen Daviau; commentary track with director Roger Corman. This is the theatrical cut; unfortunately, MGM was unable to locate director Roger Corman's original ending for the film.)
Horror fans who are disappointed by the fact that this batch of Midnite Movies only includes two horror films can be rest assured that MGM's August batch of double features will include several highly-anticipated horror titles (many with extras), including the long-delayed double feature of THE VAMPIRE LOVERS and COUNTESS DRACULA.
No pun instead, but I am really psyched to have "Psych-Out" & "The Trip" on DVD. Between these titles and VCI's release of "Horrors of the Black Museum" on Feb. 25th, 2003 is shaping up to be a digital cult fiesta.
Of course, I'm sure someone will post "I rather have .... on DVD" or "Where is .... from MGM?" and ruin my buzz.
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks