New Bass Shakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jonathan M, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Jonathan M

Jonathan M Second Unit

I have 2 bass shakers from Aura Interactor vests available.

They are brand new and have just been removed from the vests. I got the vests cheap, and am only looking for what I paid for them. I'm willing to send the whole package (amp, power supply, vest, shaker) but it'll be heavy (3kg or so) and expensive to send internationally. I am located in New Zealand.

The shakers themselves don't weigh too much, so by themselves wouldn't be too expensive to send. I'll work out an approximate price if anyone is interested.

They are 4 ohm units and need around 10-20W of power to run. They need to be bolted securely to furniture (Lazyboy's are great) to work best.

Any questions, PM me. Price is US$15 for both shakers, plus postage. Same price if you want all the vest stuff - but you'll be paying for it on the postage!

If I don't get a sale here within the next week or so, I'll be selling locally via auction.

2. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

If you can get a shipping estimate for the shackers and amps to the US i might be interested.

Thanks [​IMG]

3. Jonathan M

Jonathan M Second Unit

For a start, note that the power supply is 240V based. There is no switch for 110V, so it will not work in the US. All the power supply consists of is a black box containing a transformer with 11-0-11 V secondaries. The plug into the amp is a standard DIN socket, utilising only 3 pins (11V, 0V, 11V). The transformer is rated at 1.25Amps. This will be relatively cheap to purchase in the US.

Estimated shipping prices (Note these are pure guesses on the weight - I'll weigh properly at home tonight)

Vest, shaker, amp, power supply weighs around 3kg. Most of this is the power supply (A 11Vx2 transformer). Total would be around US$35 for 1 vest set, US$60 for the pair.

Shaker alone weighs around 500g. Two of them to the US would be around US$15 or so in postage.

The amps are lightweight also. Porbably wouldn't be more than around US$25 to send amps and shakers. Note that this will not include the power supplies, which are just transformers that you will have to purchase separately.

The best bet for US residence is to get a cheap old amp from a garage sale etc. - It only needs to be 20W or so. Then run the shakers off this.

I'll weigh the shakers etc. tonight and update this post if need be.