New basement HT started today

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Dan_J_H., Nov 22, 2004.

1. Dan_J_H.

Dan_J_H. Stunt Coordinator

After about two months of planning I nailed in the first board of my HT. I'm starting with all the top plates of the walls first. Using a plumb bob I will then install the sole plates and then the studs. I have a good book on carpentry for reference. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I will keep posting updates as I go. This stuff is FUN! [​IMG]

Dan

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Good stuff. I assume you have pre-planned for wiring and such. What equipment will you have in the room?

3. Dan_J_H.

Dan_J_H. Stunt Coordinator

Hi Neil,
    I have a rough idea of my wiring. It has been such a daunting task just planning the framing for the HT room and bathroom in the back of the room. After I get the framing up I will then better plan my wiring. Due to a limited budget right now, I will use my current speakers (from my livingroom HT) in my basement HT. Mains: Cerwin Vega VS-150, Center: Boston Acoustics Centersat-6, Surrounds: Polk Audio RT35I and no Sub yet. I will buy a projector, not sure which one yet. My receiver is a Pioneer Elite VSX-36TX (Love it!), DVD: Pioneer Elite DV-37. I will eventually buy all new speakers and an SVS sub. Boy, so much to think about and so much money to spend.

4. Ted White

Ted White Agent

Sounds cool Dan. Make sure and take pictures as you mentioned.

Ted