New Barenaked Ladies CD comes with dvd audio too!

Discussion in 'Music' started by RobBenton, Oct 21, 2003.

1. RobBenton

RobBenton Stunt Coordinator

Just picked up the CD/DVD combo of their new album and surprise surprise it is a dvd audio disc. 5.1 mix in 96/24 sound. I havn't listened to it enough to comment on the disc as a whole but there are a few catchy songs so far and the 5.1 mix is tame but not bad. They should do this with all cd's! The only problem I have is it doesnt fit in with my other dvd-a discs since it is regular cd size box!

2. Tyler DJW

Tyler DJW Stunt Coordinator

I mentioned this in a post last week, though there wasn't any follow-up discussion. I too am pleased to find the DVDA disc included... I'd love to see this happen more oftern. I paid ~$20 for the redbook CD and DVDA pair, and it's well worth it to me.

For those who don't know, the DVDA contains the whole album, plus a couple additional tracks, AND 11 acoustic recordings (I think these are in DD though).

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Wow! Is this the only release of this album? I want to pick it up!

4. RobBenton

RobBenton Stunt Coordinator

No there are 2 releases.. One that is just the cd.. the other is a cd and dvd-a combo.

5. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

Does it say on the outside labeling that there is a dvd AUDIO disc inside? Or just a "dvd"? Does the dvd-audio have a Dolby or DTS track?

Thanks.

LJ

6. Chris Elm

Chris Elm Stunt Coordinator

I too picked this up on Tuesday. I noted that in the Postcard track, the mix is somewhat agressive (moreso than the other songs) and I really like it.

Better yet, I picked it up for 12.99 at my local Media Play (same price as the single cd) I think it was mispriced, but the add in Sunday's paper had it advertised as such. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I just ordered this from Amazon, now I have to wait for it to arrive.....[​IMG]

8. Chris_Eff

Chris_Eff Stunt Coordinator

I picked this up at my local Media Play as well same price as the stand alone CD. It is also advertised on their website. They had a sign advertising it on the rack and the combo is in a digipack (labled limited edition) compared to the standard jewel case for the stand alone CD.

What a deal! If the music industry puts out packages like this and hybrid SACD's I will gladly purchase music at the levels I used to as a teenager. I feel like I am getting two albums for one.

9. Tyler DJW

Tyler DJW Stunt Coordinator

I bought it a BestBuy ($20, singe CD was $10). I had to go into the shelves for the DVDA/CD discs, but it was with the CDs not the DVDA discs. They had the $10 CD out on the new releases display. I've only really had a chance to listen to the CD (in the car) so far, and not the DVDA. It sounds great from the little bit I've heard.

10. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Whats this disc called?

11. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

reviews please! [​IMG]

12. GordonL

GordonL Supporting Actor

If you don't have a MediaPlay nearby (none in the DC area), Target has it for $16 this week.

13. Chris Elm

Chris Elm Stunt Coordinator

The disc is called Everything for Everyone, released this Tuesday.
    Several of the songs are very pleasant to listen to.

14. David_Rivshin

David_Rivshin Second Unit

Does anyone know what the current best price for this is?
    So far I've only found DDCD for $18.24, which is reasonable, but not as good as some of you have found *jealous*. Unfortunately that it looks like that are currently out of stock since it says "Usually ships within 10 days," and I'd like to get it sooner than 10+shipping, and cheaper if possible.

Thanks,
    -- Dave

15. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Screw hybrids, this is the way to go!!!! [​IMG]