What's new

New bands I have been listening to (new to me anyway) (1 Viewer)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I recently picked up Keane's new album, Keller William's new album and Rilo Kiley's 3 albums.

Keane caught my attention one day because I thought it was a new Travis song being played on the radio. They are similar to Travis, but aren't a carbon copy. The album is really good.

Keller William's song Kidney in the cooler was playing on WKNC one Saturday and I was immediately hooked. So I checked him out online and had to get his album. He will be playing at this year's Bonaroo festival along with Rilo Kiley...

I came across Rilo Kiley when I logged onto another forum I post at and there was a discussion going on about what happened to such and such celebrity's from the 80's. Apparently, Jenny Lewis is the lead singer of this great band. If you haven't heard them, you really need to give them a listen. They are amazing.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Damn, NOW I hear something about the band after passing up on numerous $6.99 sales for their CD. Will have to jump on the next sale...

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Let me also add The Shins to my list of new bands. I do think my favorite so far out of all the ones I've listed are Rilo Kiley and The Shins.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I love Keane's Hopes and Fears. Now, do they know their way around a hook, or what?!?!?

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I'm enjoying the Hopes And Fears SA-CD by this Keane guy. He reminds me of a 70's singer-songwriter somehow, I'm not sure why, exactly...

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I actually discovered Keane when I was watching an "Ellen" rerun on Oxygen :D What amazing hooks these 3 guys came up with :emoji_thumbsup:

TomCW

Second Unit
OK, you guys have got me thinking, I've listened to some Keane clips, and the SACD is like $14 at deepdiscountcd.com but the Ellen thing kinda bothers me. If I hear these guys are on heavy rotation on AM radio after I buy this I'm gonna be pissed!
Rachael, should I get this or not? You haven't steered me wrong yet! (OK the Friends of Dean Martinez was a fluke :))

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks