What's new

New B&W subwoofers - 600 & 650 (1 Viewer)

Greg Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
While shopping at my favorite audio shop I noticed some new B&W subs - the 600 & 650. They mentioned that they are new sealed units. I searched the internet (including B&W's site) and could not find anything. Anybody have any details on these subs?

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
That's the one downfall of Dewars I bet they won't give you specs either, because "they don't mean anything".

Greg Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
Well, as I understand it the B&W 500, 1000 & 2000 will be discontinued.. Replaced with the 600 & 650. The 2500 will remain.
Another interesting thing is if you look at B&W website under back-catalog/discontinued products/subwoofers you will see the 2000, 3000 & 4000. Maybe their entire line is being revamped???
B&W link

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Guess they haven't updated the site fully yet. Odd because the 602 S3's were listed well before they were in stores.

All that being said I wouldn't buy a B&W sub, they are in my opinion over priced. I picked up a velo CHT-15. There is the paradigm servo-15 in the same price range etc.

I don't know the price of the 600 and 650 by B&W as I haven't been out lately but I am betting they are a little out there. Unless B&W has smelled the coffee on subs. If you check out the review on the 303's at cnet, you'll see even they took out the ASW500 provided with the 303 setup and recommend using a JBL sub or something at a better price point for even better performance.

Greg Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
Ok.. I got the skinny on the new subs (600 & 650).

They are part of the new 600 S3 line.

The ASW600:

Description: Active closed-box subwoofer system

Drive units: 250mm (10in) paper/Kevlar cone

Frequency range: -6db at 22Hz and 180Hz adjustable (EQ at A)

Frequency response: (-+)3db 26Hz-150Hz adjustable (EQ at A)

Amplifier Power Output: 150W continuous

Amplifier Input impedance: 22Kohm

Amplifier S/N: >90db

Amplifier functions: Ouput level, Low-pass filter frequency, Low-pass filter bypass, Bass roll-off alignment & Auto sense on/standby

Amplifier inputs: Line In (RCA Phono), Speaker Level (binding posts)

Amplifier outputs: Line Out (RCA Phone, high passed), Link Out (RCA Phono, parallel to Line In), Speaker level out (high-passed)

Low-pass filter: Active 2nd-order, variable cut-off frequency

High-pass filter: Line level: Active 3rd-order at 80Hz, Speaker level: Passive 1st-order at 80Hz (into 8ohm load)

Dimensions: Height 14.4in (not including spike feet), Width 14.4in, Depth 17.7in (including grille and controls)

Net weight: 43lb

Cabinet finish: Black Ash or Light Oak Sorrento vinyl

The ASW 650:

Description: Active closed-box subwoofer system

Drive units: 300mm (12in) paper/Kevlar cone

Frequency range: -6db at 20Hz and 180Hz adjustable (EQ at A)

Frequency response: (-+)3db 25Hz-150Hz adjustable (EQ at A)

Amplifier Power Output: 200W continuous

Amplifier Input impedance: 22Kohm

Amplifier S/N: >90db

Amplifier functions: Ouput level, Low-pass filter frequency, Low-pass filter bypass, Bass roll-off alignment & Auto sense on/standby

Amplifier inputs: Line In (RCA Phono), Speaker Level (binding posts)

Amplifier outputs: Line Out (RCA Phone, high passed), Link Out (RCA Phono, parallel to Line In), Speaker level out (high-passed)

Low-pass filter: Active 2nd-order, variable cut-off frequency

High-pass filter: Line level: Active 3rd-order at 80Hz, Speaker level: Passive 1st-order at 80Hz (into 8ohm load)

Dimensions: Height 16.4in (not including spike feet), Width 16.4in, Depth 19.5in (including grille and controls)

Net weight: 56lb

Cabinet finish: Black Ash or Light Oak Sorrento vinyl

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks