What's new

New Ascend Acoustics Website ! (1 Viewer)

Jon Oliva

Agent
AWESOME new site! I think they'll sell more just based upon the nicer looking site (think the "Bose-effect"). Definately a major pat on the back for Dave and the Ascend folks for making a site worthy of their loudspeakers.

Jon Oliva

Agent
AWESOME new site! I think they'll sell more just based upon the nicer looking site (think the "Bose-effect"). Definately a major pat on the back for Dave and the Ascend folks for making a site worthy of their loudspeakers.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
A good web site is essential to the credibility of an internet-based speaker company. This should be a pretty good web site as far as that goes. It sort of reminds me of the Fluance Speakers web site, though. I think that Fluance are just White-Van Speakers (in parts, build, and engineering quality) that just so happened to "make the cut" for most entry-level listeners. For instance, the SV-10 floorstander has a crossover point to the side firing woofer that is in the lower midrange. This creates the effect that the sound is coming from the side of the speaker, for people who don't know that the sub-bass is not supposed to be localizable. The net result is that the soundstage is destroyed. Another example is how at the bottom of each speaker model's page, it used to say "Priced very low for a pair of Fluance speakers in a factory-sealed box!" or something to that effect. So, do Fluance speakers generally sell for lots more? from the back of a white van, perhaps? That looks a little shady to me. Anyway, the new Ascend Acoustics logo looks better. Now they just need to start putting that on their speakers.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
A good web site is essential to the credibility of an internet-based speaker company. This should be a pretty good web site as far as that goes. It sort of reminds me of the Fluance Speakers web site, though. I think that Fluance are just White-Van Speakers (in parts, build, and engineering quality) that just so happened to "make the cut" for most entry-level listeners. For instance, the SV-10 floorstander has a crossover point to the side firing woofer that is in the lower midrange. This creates the effect that the sound is coming from the side of the speaker, for people who don't know that the sub-bass is not supposed to be localizable. The net result is that the soundstage is destroyed. Another example is how at the bottom of each speaker model's page, it used to say "Priced very low for a pair of Fluance speakers in a factory-sealed box!" or something to that effect. So, do Fluance speakers generally sell for lots more? from the back of a white van, perhaps? That looks a little shady to me. Anyway, the new Ascend Acoustics logo looks better. Now they just need to start putting that on their speakers.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Rory, you completely lost me on that one, unless you're trying to make the obvious implication that Ascend is like Fluance?

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Rory, you completely lost me on that one, unless you're trying to make the obvious implication that Ascend is like Fluance?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks