1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

New Ascend Acoustics Website !

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Ben_wood, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Ben_wood

Ben_wood Stunt Coordinator

Good news! Ascend Acoustics has completely revised their website! Congratulations David and crew. You can see it at www.ascendacoustics.com [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Ben_wood

Ben_wood Stunt Coordinator

Good news! Ascend Acoustics has completely revised their website! Congratulations David and crew. You can see it at www.ascendacoustics.com [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Jon Oliva

Jon Oliva Agent

AWESOME new site! I think they'll sell more just based upon the nicer looking site (think the "Bose-effect"). Definately a major pat on the back for Dave and the Ascend folks for making a site worthy of their loudspeakers.

4. Jon Oliva

Jon Oliva Agent

AWESOME new site! I think they'll sell more just based upon the nicer looking site (think the "Bose-effect"). Definately a major pat on the back for Dave and the Ascend folks for making a site worthy of their loudspeakers.

5. EricRWem

EricRWem Screenwriter

Adrik
    [​IMG]

6. EricRWem

EricRWem Screenwriter

Adrik
    [​IMG]

7. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Much improved vs the old page.

8. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Much improved vs the old page.

9. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

A good web site is essential to the credibility of an internet-based speaker company. This should be a pretty good web site as far as that goes. It sort of reminds me of the Fluance Speakers web site, though. I think that Fluance are just White-Van Speakers (in parts, build, and engineering quality) that just so happened to "make the cut" for most entry-level listeners. For instance, the SV-10 floorstander has a crossover point to the side firing woofer that is in the lower midrange. This creates the effect that the sound is coming from the side of the speaker, for people who don't know that the sub-bass is not supposed to be localizable. The net result is that the soundstage is destroyed. Another example is how at the bottom of each speaker model's page, it used to say "Priced very low for a pair of Fluance speakers in a factory-sealed box!" or something to that effect. So, do Fluance speakers generally sell for lots more? from the back of a white van, perhaps? That looks a little shady to me. Anyway, the new Ascend Acoustics logo looks better. Now they just need to start putting that on their speakers.

10. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

A good web site is essential to the credibility of an internet-based speaker company. This should be a pretty good web site as far as that goes. It sort of reminds me of the Fluance Speakers web site, though. I think that Fluance are just White-Van Speakers (in parts, build, and engineering quality) that just so happened to "make the cut" for most entry-level listeners. For instance, the SV-10 floorstander has a crossover point to the side firing woofer that is in the lower midrange. This creates the effect that the sound is coming from the side of the speaker, for people who don't know that the sub-bass is not supposed to be localizable. The net result is that the soundstage is destroyed. Another example is how at the bottom of each speaker model's page, it used to say "Priced very low for a pair of Fluance speakers in a factory-sealed box!" or something to that effect. So, do Fluance speakers generally sell for lots more? from the back of a white van, perhaps? That looks a little shady to me. Anyway, the new Ascend Acoustics logo looks better. Now they just need to start putting that on their speakers.

11. Tony Genovese

Tony Genovese Supporting Actor

Not sure what all that editorial comment about Fluance has to do with the Ascend web site, but what the hey.

12. Tony Genovese

Tony Genovese Supporting Actor

Not sure what all that editorial comment about Fluance has to do with the Ascend web site, but what the hey.

13. CurtisSC

CurtisSC Screenwriter

Yeah...what's up with all that Fluance stuff? Strange. [​IMG]

14. CurtisSC

CurtisSC Screenwriter

Yeah...what's up with all that Fluance stuff? Strange. [​IMG]

15. Chris Quinn

Chris Quinn Screenwriter

Nice!

It is good to see the 340 mains finally on the site. The new logo is cool too.

16. Chris Quinn

Chris Quinn Screenwriter

Nice!

It is good to see the 340 mains finally on the site. The new logo is cool too.

17. EricRWem

EricRWem Screenwriter

Adrik
    Rory, you completely lost me on that one, unless you're trying to make the obvious implication that Ascend is like Fluance?

18. EricRWem

EricRWem Screenwriter

Adrik
    Rory, you completely lost me on that one, unless you're trying to make the obvious implication that Ascend is like Fluance?

19. Jon Oliva

Jon Oliva Agent

Rory - ummm...ok.

((gives rory a pat on the head and a cookie))

20. Jon Oliva

Jon Oliva Agent

Rory - ummm...ok.

((gives rory a pat on the head and a cookie))