New area ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bobby T, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Bobby T

Bobby T Supporting Actor

would it b possible to have an area just for SACD/DVdA. It could cover players, cables, discs, reviews, upcoming releases, websites, bass management, speaker placement, etc. Enough rambling you guys get the point. With all the different questions concerning these new formats in different areas I thought it might make it easier to get questions answered in one area.

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

It's been less than two months since we established the current set of subdivisions, and people have just finished settling in. If I were betting, I'd bet that the current arrangement will remain as it is for the foreseeable future.

M.

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Bobby,

My issue with this idea is redundancy. For example: The cables used for DVD-A and SACD are the same cabling available for any audio format-- so by breaking this off you create redundancy with discussions along the same lines in other areas. In the same way we already have a music area-- so discussion of music content- even DVD-A would then be going on in multiple areas.

Any one of the topics you put forth already have an area for discussion- and by creating a second one it makes the forum even harder to navigate. Should we create a seperate DVD area with all the discussion for DVD- including cables, movies, discs, reviews, speaker placement? All of these topics would be completely redundant to areas we already have-- and many would overlap with discussions about SACD or DVD-A in the area you suggest creating. Again- all these topics are covered, much better in my opinion- without having a completely redundant area exclusive for each format.

We have had endless problems with the division of the forum-- the ideal would be to have no divisions. Every single "new area" you create makes the forum harder to navigate, harder to understand and harder to moderate. Everyone seems to want a small isolated area for their small topic- but this tends to kill "casual reading" by people who aren't exclusively interested in DVD-A and SACD topics-- and creates a confusing forum filled with endless low traffic subtopics.

-V