New Area

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Parker Clack, Jan 10, 2002.

1. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    As we get a lot of posts on subwoofers we have decided to give them their own area to post about them in.

Parker

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Hooray!

3. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

I'm still giving the new format a chance but....

I respectfully submit that this subdivision mania is going to hurt HTF. I believe that some subdivisions are a good idea but man, I just looked under the TV section and now there are manufacturers sub-sections. I'm not going to browse through all of those and I suspect that a lot of others won't either. I have no problem going through direct view, RPTV or FPTV but manufacturers subsections is just too much. If manufacturers sections end up in the receiver section then I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

How can you take discussions of subwoofers away from discussions about speakers?

This forum is going to become just like my network at work. Things are put in some sub-sub section and no one knows where to look for it.

I've been a proponent of this change but it might be going too far.

Again, respectfully submitted. I appreciate HTF and those that run it.

4. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Jim- I do like subs being broken out from speakers, but I also think that me, myself, and I would prefer *no* subdivisions.

I tried surfing avsforum for a while, but gave up because I couldn't keep track of all the sections.

5. Mike Sogge

Mike Sogge Stunt Coordinator

I'm also of the opinion that too many subdivisions would wind up being a negative. People are continuing to post their sub threads in the Speaker section, so obviously this isn't working as planned.

6. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

>>Jim- I do like subs being broken out from speakers, but I also think that me, myself, and I would prefer *no* subdivisions.

7. John*S

John*S Agent

I prefer fewer subdivisions. I enjoy opening the forum and seeing sometimes three pages of topics since the day before. I like to just skim the topics and check the ones that sound interesting. Conversely, when I open a specific topic area, there are usually less than a dozen new items for the day.

When I'm on the market for something I focus more and use Search but generally, it's like reading a newspaper -- I like it all there in front of me with the Topics like headlines.

8. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

John- My thoughts exactly. "Surf" the headlines, but "read" the actual articles of interest.

Quick example:

I have separates, and would not naturally read the receivers section.

But, then I would miss out on all the problems with the new Onkyos, and the x200 series of Marantz.

But both those manufacturer's, and others (Denon, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, etc.) *may* do pre/pros some day that might have the same problems.

But I wouldn't know that.

So me, myself, and I: less divisions are better.