What's new

New Area (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
This area has been set up for those new members to our site that are also new to Home Theater. Here is the area to post your questions concerning which equipment to buy, how to set up your Home Theater and so forth.

Since we are all new to Home Theater at one time feel free to ask your questions here. I am sure that their will be plenty of people that can provide you the information that you are needing to know.

Parker

Tim_Speicher

Stunt Coordinator
I for one would like to say Thank you! for this new area. I have been looking to get into home theater for a few months now and have had a tough time piecing together a modest low-mid level system to start me off. Unfortunately, I have other expensive hobbies and am a student on top of that. Thus funding is always in short supply. I hope that this area is as helpful as the other areas that the more advanced users hang out in.

-Tim

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Tim:

Thanks for the kudos. Hopefully this area will be utilized to those members that are new to Home Theater and will give them one place to go to find answers to their questions. If I were looking to get into Home Theater I would appreciate having an area to go to have my questions answered and talk with others that are new to Home Theater themselves.

Parker

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
agreed...when I was new (not too long ago) i had TONS of questions and this forum has been my single most helpful resource!! I just hope that I can answer some peoples questions now in return!

thanks for this great addition to an already awesome forum!!

Keith Mitchell

Auditioning
As a new guy myself, I certainly appreciate the opportunity to put a question or two out there. Here's what I've got: a Denon AVR-65 receiver: DVD, VCR, CD, Playstation input. Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble IV 5.1 channel home theater speakers, all hooked up. Coax cable between DVD and Receiver, and single video line between receiver and TV, but for some unknown reason, I can't get a digital signal. Analog works fine (obviously if I have the analog red and whites hooked up) but the digital is dead quiet, and I can't figure out why. All of the wiring seems fine, and the speakers work great, and I've had it tested on other systems for digital and it worked.....I'm stumped! If anyone has experience with this particular receiver, I'd appreciate it...I have no other ideas what could be wrong.

Captain Spaulding

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
Keith...all the Denon receivers that I've used have required that I assign the digital inputs to a specific input source. For example, if your DVD player is attached to the coax digital input, you'll need to go into the setup mode and let the receiver know.Follow the steps in the owner's manual. [I know...most manuals are pretty poorly written!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks