What's new

New Area (1 Viewer)

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Good move. Even Metro Video in downtown Montreal had to reserve an entire aisle just for the TV shows. There's a lot of material out there.

This reminds me of a comedy sketch on an old TV show ("Bizarre" I think) where the owner of a ficticious video rental store was being interviewed by a TV crew. The catch was that his store rented out TV shows instead of movies!

Who would have known... :)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Yes me too. Now we have to visit two forums and eventually one is going to fade out. I mean we are probably going to visit the TV section less and less and miss on some news.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Well, I have mixed feelings on this now, but I'm sure eventually it will become something that we get used to and appreciate.

I was a little confused at first as to where this ment we had to post stuff like the WWE, but I did a simple search and found that all in here, so that's a good thing for me to know.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter

Au contraire - with TV shows the new cash cow for studios, look for this to get busier as time goes on. Where else can anyone wish for shortlived series on DVD (such as Gary The Rat, Stripperella or When Things Were Rotten) along with the big guns (WKRP or classic Spider-Man).

Well done guys.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Guys, I just wanted to chime into this thread real quick and apologize for being so out-of-touch while this has been happening.

For explanations, read my post about my absence in the Weekly Roundup thread, and be aware that I'll be in short supply around here for the next few months.

However, I just spent the entire SuperBowl (decent game tonight, once it picked up steam, and a nice suspenseful ending) catching up to threads around this new section. You should see my name all over this section now! :)

Hopefully I can get back often enough to continue with my usual contributions. Either way, I believe there will be PLENTY to discuss in the future.

Well done, HTF staff. :emoji_thumbsup:

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I have mixed feelings on this change but it's all for the good since TV shows on DVD are becoming more & more popular than movies on DVD.

Marc_Savoie

Stunt Coordinator
I really like the change. While my interest in TV on DVD is fairly selective, I do like that the Software area will be much more focussed and easy to sift through now.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
If splitting the Software Forum into two halves helps visitors to find what they're looking for (be it something specific or just a general browsing), then how could it be a bad thing?

My .02: Smart improvement. I dig. :emoji_thumbsup:

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I'm in the "don't like the change" crowd, sorry. I only knew about this change by accident (I was wondering why nobody was talking TV DVD any more!)

DVD is DVD, it doesn't matter what's on it, films, TV shows, concerts – I think it is a far better idea to have ALL DVD news/discussions in a single forum rather than being spread out.

I remember when DVDTalk decided to move all music related DVDs (videos, concerts) to their music section where people primarily discussed CDs and music news. I found it frustrating because a much smaller group of folks (compared to before) read them. Will HTF be doing the same (or have they already? haven't checked the music forum here yet.)

I always check out the regular DVD (whoops, movie/documentary) forum first and will likely miss TV DVD news because....ah ferget it. Not like my opinion will change anything.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Michael:

Your feedback along with everyone else on this forum is taken seriously. We decided on making the split due to the increased numbers of TV Shows on DVD and at the suggestion of several members.

Parker

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well I'm all for the new forum. Being a huge fan of TV on DVD, it'll be much easier to locate certain information as opposed to have it scattered amongst other DVD genres. It's all in one convenient place! I think it'll prove to be extremely successful. As people have said above, TV on DVD is only getting bigger by the week. It only seems fitting that HTF creates a board to accomodate it. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: Excellent work guys.

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Not to be a devil's advocate here, but I have to wonder where DVD's such as the Walt Disney Treasures series would fall... some contain TV show elements, others contain film elements... sometimes within the same set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks