What's new

New Aperions just came out! Any word (1 Viewer)

Greg Racki

Grip
What the heck, I'll start one more thread. This looks interesting!

Aperion just launched their new Towers, the 633s. Their first passive tower. Its rated at 4ohms. Speaking of which, will a Pioneer 1015tx power these speakers? Would a Yamaha V1500? Both only officially go to 6 ohms.

Anyways, anybody hear anything about these yet?

BrianAe

Second Unit
I'm also very interested in the new speakers (note that there are new monitors too, not just towers). There is a new cross-over which is a departure from Aperion's much hyped diurial cross-over. Also, those new 6.5 inch woofers look similar to a recently released woofer that has been talked about a lot on this forum ;)

BradJudy

Stunt Coordinator
I heard the prototype 633s at the RMAF last October. I felt it was the best sounding of the speakers they had there, but I also wasn't that impressed with their other speakers.

Raj_asaurus

Stunt Coordinator
Brad What kind of speakers in the same price region ARE of your taste? I just want to get a feel for your tastes to know how to weigh your judgement of the Aperion. I'm thinking about trying some Aperions out this summer...:D

BrianAe

Second Unit
Raj,

I live in Evanston. PM me if you want to come and take a listen some time. Do a search to see my fairly extensive write ups on my Aperions. Also note, that when the VACC came out, I tried it out but greatly prefer the original center. I wrote a post about that as well.

thanks,

Brian

BradJudy

Stunt Coordinator
Raj,

My home theater is an Ascend setup and my stereo setup uses Aurum Cantus speakers. Before these setups, I owned a pair of Paradigm MiniMk3s (precursor to the Mini Monitor - I liked them more than I like the current generation Mini Monitor).

It's difficult to compare speakers heard in different rooms on different equipment, but I prefer the Ascends to the Aperions. I have also listened to the Onix/AV123 ELTs and liked those more than I liked the Aperions. I have not heard Axiom or HTD speakers which are usually the other ones compared to Aperion/Ascend/Onix.

greg baker

Stunt Coordinator
Looks to me that the powered towers are a better value for the money. Looks like you get alot more speakers for $200 extra

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks