What's new

New Animated Spiderman on MTV (1 Viewer)

Diallo B

Screenwriter
great show. imo, anyone that has been a collector a comics for a while (15 years for me) will appreciate this show's pacing and understand where it all is going. as a matter of fact, upon watching both shows a second time i felt as though i was watching a comic book come to life without frames on t.v.

i also appreciate that this is not a kid's show. many of the story lines in comics and for that matter comics in general are not kiddie fare anymore. I appreciate bendis sticking to his comic origins and developing a real stories instead of superfriends b.s. if you have not done so and are a comic fan check out his work. it is phenomenal.

once again great show. this is not what i expected but it suprisingly exceeded my expections.

djb

Diallo B

Screenwriter
*****spoiler alert for those that have not seen the first show that aired on 7-11-03.****

the Max character turned into what appeared to be Electro and then was so easily beaten
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... let's think about this a minute. 1 alligator,2 alligator ,3 alligator.......... 59 alligator, 60 alligator!

geek boy becomes electro by a freak accident and 20 minutes after said freak accident he is supposed to become a formidable advesary. spiderman has had SOME training..... i think. spiderman is also smart!!!!!! he is a college student majoring in some form of chemistry, chemical engineering or something like that.

So two plus two equals four and spiderman easily defeats a geek boy that could not even figure out he was a loser that was about to get used for laughs by the sterotypical Alpha Beta types.

does this just make sense to me or am i cuckoo??

djb

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'm not a big fan of the apparent cell-shading animation either...but it's watchable. I'd rather have them show regular 2D animation instead of this CG crap.

Jason,
Thanks for the Matrix poster thoughts :) Bought all 7 off of ebay a couple months ago.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It did feel like video game animation, and that style gives me a headache (which is why I rarely play video games anymore).

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I don't mind the animation style, but it's not what I think they should have used for Spider-man. The show is also too pop-culture.

So pretty much everything I knew I wouldn't like about it is what I find wrong with it.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
not a "can't miss" series, but good enough when nothing else is on. i'm tivo'ing it as backup.

anyone know how the animation is done? it seems very "computery-ish" to me? doesn't cell-shading usually refer to the thick outlines?

WadeB

Stunt Coordinator
So was Friday's cliff-hanger it for the season? I don't see any upcoming episodes in my Tivo guide. Must have more animated Spidey!

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I watched a couple of shows... and was not impresssed. The CGI animation was not the problem... interesting style... reminds of cel-shading in video games. No... the problem was in the characterizations. It had MTV all over it. Parker's character was way off. He was acting too cool and hip. And the new ELectro was super lame.

Fortunately, I have about about 30 60's episodes on tape and the entire 90's collection to feed my Spidey fix.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I want to know how come all of the characters where the same clothes over and over. ;)

WadeB

Stunt Coordinator
Todd, yeah, I was beginning to wonder if Peter and the Hulk shopped at the same store for their pants.

I think the show was a bright spot in a summer of reality dreck. So, anyone have any word on what's in store for future episodes?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks