What's new

New Animated Spiderman on MTV (1 Viewer)

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Well, what did you think?

Finished the first one and am watching the second one now. I'm enjoying it. Very stylized and very cool. Like the vocal choices too. Looks like a combo of CGI and traditional animation.

Peace,

DM

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I was busy watching Monk. But tivo'd spidey. Will catch it tommorow morning

capt

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I didn't like the first episode that much. I found everything too awkward, from the animation to the humor (trying too hard to be Buffy at times) to the rushed way the Max character turned into what appeared to be Electro and then was so easily beaten
. The second episode, however, was much better. The animation looked better, the humor worked better (loved MJ's "Hi there's been a murder... taxi!" line) and the story was far more interesting.

The next episode with The Lizard looks interesting. Hope it's executed more like the second episode and not like the first.

D

DAN NEIR

I caught the second episode and liked it. I'll watch the replays of both later. Seems interesting.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Didn't catch it, but my brother enjoyed it.

I'll catch it some time soon, hopefully. The show uses the cel-shading CGI method, correct?

MatS

Screenwriter
look out...here comes the (bastardization of) Spider-Man

brutal

I'll take the 60's version over this crap anyday

Rob T

Screenwriter
I haven't seen it but I loved the 90s show. I would love season box sets of it. Stupid Saban Entertainment. :frowning:

Disney is apparently working on the 60s cartoon for season box sets, last I heard.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Definitely not for the younger set. But I enjoyed it.

Things not for kids
1-People getting killed
2-losing a finger and a head

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
Thought it was VERY good. It was pretty original considering the concept of Spiderman isn't, and the show and animation seemed inspired.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Excellent show...especially since I was expected your average MTV level utter crap. This is definitely a Bendis production though, it played just like the issues he's penned.

Kristian, I wouldn't say it was trying too hard to be like Buffy....the kind of storyline and dialogue from the first episode is par for the course for Spider-man in the comics.
In fact, Buffy has always struck me as quite Spidey inspired.

MatS, did you actually watch it?

Surprisingly good first outing, though I'm hoping more established villains pop up (was that kid suppsoed to be Electro?). Looks like Kraven and The Lizard are the only ones on tap so far based on the into...but I would bet we'll be seeing more.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
Looks like Kraven and The Lizard are the only ones on tap so far based on the into...
I could swear I saw a goblin glider at the very beginning of the intro. And I also noticed someone who looked a lot like the Kingpin.

Question: Is this show supposed to follow the movie's continuity? It seemed that way to me, especially with Harry Osborn's hatred of Spider-Man.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Watched them this morning and i love them both. Excellent start to the series.

Cant wait itll next week. And yes its following the end of the first movie

capt

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
I like it overall, but the cel shaded animation could move a little faster. Everyone seems like they're in slow motion, until the fight scenes. Much like video game FMV.

Wasn't the Electric villian, Marilyn Manson?? It sounded like him, and it looked like it was designed to resemble him.

Anyway, it looks like it could turn out to be a pretty solid show overall.

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
I thought it was excellent. It captured the feeling of the comic book very well. The next episode with the Lizard looks even better.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Wasn't the Electric villian, Marilyn Manson?? It sounded like him, and it looked like it was designed to resemble him.
Nope. Ethan Embry voiced Electro/Max Dillon. Looks like Michael Clarke Duncan is voicing The Kingpin, and Rob Zombie is voicing the Lizard guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks