New (and old) WILCO

Discussion in 'Music' started by Patrick Larkin, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Screenwriter

Any Wilco fans out there? A lot of news...

- Leroy Bach left the band and the new lineup consists of six people.

- A new free download is available on Wilco's website called "Cars Can't Escape" from the Yankee Hotel Foxtrot sessions. It quite good ...

- Wilco's new album A Ghost is Born is due June 8.

2. Mike Brogan

Mike Brogan Second Unit

Thanks for the info.

Excited to hear the new album. Too bad they're not touring anywhere near Cleveland...I hope that changes by summer.

Dream concert would be an Uncle Tupelo reunion with Son Volt and Wilco opening. That would be one of the few shows I'd be willing to pay over a hundred for a ticket.

3. KrisM

KrisM Second Unit

Cool news! A new album a day before my birthday. I know what I'll be buying myself as a gift.[​IMG] Is there any word on the direction the music is taking?

Regards
    KrisM

4. KrisM

KrisM Second Unit

I just checked out the song and I like it. This was in the movie. I tried to burn this song to CD along with some other tracks from the DVD, but it was kinda chopped up if I remember correctly.
    I wish they would release more of the demo-style recordings from the movie. I would love to have real versions of the acoustic I Am Trying To Break Your Heart and the rockin' version of Camera.

KrisM

5. RobertM.Fleming

RobertM.Fleming Stunt Coordinator

Im very jazzed to hear that Nels Cline has joined up with the band for the tour. I saw him with mike watt back in 98 & never forgot how badass he was on guitar.

REM is planning to tour again in the fall, hopefully they will hook up with wilco again as opener.