New and better Theatre pictures

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Randy dela Fuente, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Randy dela Fuente

I finally put some decent pictures of the theatre up on my site (page 7 of the construction pics). They capture the true "feel" of the theatre, much better than what I had before (on page 6). I also just installed a grafik eye and love it.

The other fun thing I did was buy two 4 inch lcd monitors and installed them in a blank rack panel. I use them to preview my different feeds as well as watch the kids' rooms. I'll try to get some more pictures as soon as I get them from my friend.

Now, onto the bar...

2. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    Much much better photos! Looks like a great theater.

Wes

3. RogerB

RogerB Second Unit

Beauty.

4. Jens Raethel

Jens Raethel Second Unit

Jens
    You have done great!

How long did the project take?

5. Randy dela Fuente

Jens,

Thanks. I started it last April. I plan on having everything (bar, theatre) fully completed to enjoy by summertime.

6. fredl

fredl Extra

Awesome! I must say that you've achieved a very inviting look and feel of your HT.

Looking forward to see the next phase!

/Fredric

7. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

First time I've responded in a "normal" thread.....and what a time to pick.
    GORGEOUS place! I love watching the step by step construction. In an apartment at college, but soon, SOON, I will do something like that. (Maybe not the same scale. [​IMG] )
    Great job!

8. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Umm Randy, can I come live with you? I'll sleep in the theater! [​IMG]
    Awesome! Congrats on all of the hard work! Looks great!

9. Loring

Loring Stunt Coordinator

Dang, that is one nice looking theater you got yourself there.

I just wish one day to have a dedicated room for my Home Theater.

Love the color RED/DARK RED. It has been one of my fav colors all my life.

BTW, what do you think of the AR cables?

Enjoy your wonderful theater.

10. Randy dela Fuente

Loring,

I've been really happy with the AR cables as well as all of my gear. The only regret I have about the room is not building a hush box for the projector.

Jeffrey,

You'd have to fight for space with all of our friends...

11. Christopher Collins

Awesome theater! Im speachless...

12. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

Dude, you are my hero [​IMG]
    Seeing how that dirty old basement was transformed into that SWEET home theater room was very inspiring. Now I have an idea of what will be involved in building my own, and have a refrence as well.
    You must have worked in construction for a time, no?

13. ace peterson

ace peterson Second Unit

Awesome theater!

Randy, do you have any clear pictures of how you made the channels for your cabling that is above the eyeballs?

Great job on everything! Did you do it all yourself?

Ace

14. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

Very sweet. The lighting is especially cool. You know, I don't think you have enough freinds...I think you need one more [​IMG]
    Bruce

15. Randy dela Fuente

Thanks guys. I'll try to post some more pictures this week with more details. I should have all of the larger images on page 7 too.

Yes, I'm proud to say that I'm the only one whose hands have built this room. I wasn't in the construction business, but I've done quite a bit of work around my houses over the years. What I don't know, I try to learn.

I'll also try to get some pictures of the bar area posted. Even though this is a home theatre forum, I belive it all ties in with the ultimate theatre experience I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks again for the nice comments!

16. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

Sounds like you are gonna turn that basement into the ultimate theater lobby [​IMG]
    If you don't mind my asking... about how much money do you think you will have spent by the time it's all said and done?
    Also, how much would you guess that you spent on just the HT room?
    Thanks.

17. Randy dela Fuente

Sean,

I would guess that when it's all done (bar and theatre), I'll be into it for around 60k. The way the theatre sits now, I've got about 35-40k into it (equipment & construction). We all know the equipment purchases never stop!

I'm going to get on a tear and get this bar done in the next two months, I hope....

18. Bryan Michael

Bryan Michael Supporting Actor

it feel beter when you do something yourself. i desinged and bult my whole theater myself. i had to do alot of camo on the waterheater and the sump pump.

19. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Supporting Actor

Everyone always scares me with these HUGE price tags, I want to do something very similar, actually I started plannig then sawt his today, and I was like, HEY he stole some of my ideas [​IMG] . But anyway, how much did the "Room" cost.
    I have all the equipement and furniture, I just have to build the room. I'm expecting a few thousand but nothing like $60K Especially ocnsidering I'll be doing the work myself.

20. Randy dela Fuente

James,

Keep in mind my figure of 60k is for the total completion of the basement area (bar, theatre and all of the stuff that goes along with it-games, furniture, etc.). I know most people could probably do a nice theatre/lobby for a fraction of the cost, but this is my dream retreat and I want to make sure I do it right.

I truly enjoy doing the work and the pleasure the room brings me every night is more than worth the money I spent.

I would guess the construction material costs to build just the theatre to be about 12-15k. I really didn't track this as well as I should have, so it's just a guess. I'll try to keep track of the bar costs to pass along as it progresses.