What's new

New Amp /Onkyo sr707 "12v Trigger" question (1 Viewer)

Stiffy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Just Added a Emotiva XPA-3 To my system for the front soundstage the amp has a "trigger" wire that will allow it to power up when the AVR (Onkyo sr707) is powered on. But it seams the 12v "trigger" on the AVR only works for zone2. I can't seem to make this work even though I am only running a 5.1 system. Can anyone help out with this. Thanks Stiffy

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
It looks like the 12 volt trigger can only be used with Zone 2 :( . For the short time I used an external amp I just plugged it in to a surge protector and used it to turn on and off the amp. Of course, you could use the power button on the unit itself. I'm not sure if there is another way to remotely turn on an amp without the use of a trigger. There may be, I just don't know.

Stiffy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Thanks Gene, Ya,It looks like I am going to have to rearrange my components to make it more convenient to power up the amp. A small price to pay for the pronounced improvement in sound. Thnx, Stiffy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks