What's new

New amp for old SVS 16-46cs... (1 Viewer)

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
Hello all,

As the title says, I'm in the market for a new amp, as my old Samson S700 is clicking frequently (as if the power to one of the amps is cycling maybe?), though there's no interruption in sound (only using one channel, set to parallel). I contacted SVS and was recommended the Crown XLS1000 and gave it a shot. However, the amp itself has a slight but noticeable hiss to it (immediately upon power-on and lingering more than a minute after power-off). I'm extremely sensitive to noise, especially high frequencies, so that won't work for me.

So, I'm still looking, and I need something that's as quiet as the S700, where even a couple inches away all I can hear are the quiet fans. I'm not knowledgable about this type of equipment and there are too many variables and options to sift through. Can anyone offer some suggestions? It's going to be paired with an Onkyo TX-NR609.

Thanks in advance...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks