What's new

New "Alienate Mike Frezon" coupons (i.e. BBY coup.s) -- Memorial Day weekend (1 Viewer)

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
Standard 10% off coupons plus a nice "5,000 bonus points with a $25 Best Buy credit card purchase" coupon for me.

--Mark--

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:laugh:

Mark: Does Best Buy actually print "Alienate Mike Frezon Coupons" right on the envelope you get in the mail?! :D

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator

Well, not yet, but I have it on good authority that they will be doing that starting with the next mailing or so, as well as introducing a new time table for these coupons, including the weekend after your birthday, in alignment with any big DVD release weeks for you, and basically corresponding to any other occasion where it's absolute torment for you not to get these coupons.

You've become an institution, Mike.

--Mark--

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I've recently moved to a new state and have only been here six weeks and already I've received these coupons! I've only bought two things at the store and I've returned one of them so this is clearly how they got my address.

I don't know if you've tried this angle yet, Mike, but it might be worth it to give it a try. Buy some pc speakers or something and take em back the next week and see what happens.

Good luck!

-paul

Carlo Medina

Senior HTF Member
Oh man, I've been Frezoned! [not to be confused with Frozone'd--hey maybe Mike can be a superhero in The Incredibles 2!]

(I'm posting this because last time I did, the coupons arrived within a day or two...)

:D

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Here's a scan of this weekend's coupon (link); this is for all of the charter members of the Frezon Fraternity. ;)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Got mine today. I'm either going to pick up the second and third Batman sets or give it to my BF...it really depends on if I get a job in the next three days. :)

Carlo Medina

Senior HTF Member
Probably not...unless you can get a higher quality scan of them than the one above [so that the fine print and barcode are clear], and use a nice inkjet on thicker stock paper (semi glossy) to mimic what they use.

Or you can try to print that and say "I got this emailed to me but my inkjet printer sucks" and see if they buy that. Hopefully you won't get some up-to-the-minute manager who's aiming for district V.P. who replies "I know all BB promotions and we certainly didn't email any out this week!" :p)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Yeah, I heard they're going to change their envelopes from "Other mailboxes will be envious," to "Mike Frezon will be envious." ;)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Odd. I have been off the mailings for a long time, but after a recent purchase by the BB credit card, I am back on the mailing. I wonder if that is the key?

BUT, I don't get a coupon for 5000 RZ points with a BB credit card purchase. I did, however, get an additional coupon to the ones pictured in the link: 10 percent off any single item in a wide selection of Entertainment, Computer Products, and more stuff.

- Steve

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

It's a YMMV situation. If you have access to a colour laser printer, the result is pretty good. I've also printed them on my Canon inkjet at home. Using a whiter, heavier grade of paper usually helps (e.g. 24lb. and 97 Bright or higher, as it absorbs the ink better and colours are more vibrant), but I've also had cashiers accept coupons printed on regular photocopy paper (20lb., 84 Bright) As long as the barcode is legible, it should work (most of the time).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
mike have you tried just to ask them if they will let you have 10% off. if you tell them your friend got them in the mail but you havent or some other story?

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
I dropped a coupon in the store once and couldn't find it on the floor anywhere. They still gave me the 10% off after getting the manager to approve it.

And I didn't get a coupon for this weekend either and still waiting to see if I can get my reward zone card renewed for free. I have been cutting down on BB purchaes though...

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
This was the first time I DIDN'T get the coupons. I was a little ticked off too since I've been seriously eyeing a large ticket item. I printed off the coupon at the link above and was prepared to make a go at it. When I got to BB, they had printed off 8 1/2 x 11 coupons from, what appeared to be, an internet version of the %10 off deal. These were lying all over the store.

C

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zola_88
Recent bookmarks