New Alanis Morissette DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Burkes, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes Second Unit

Nov 29, 2000
    Has anyone heard any news on the new Alanis Morissette DVD? I just stumbled across it a few minutes ago, but the website had little info on it. Thanks for any enlightenment.

2. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

Jun 9, 2001
    It's called "Feast on Scraps" and it's release date is tomorrow (December 10, 2002) and it's a CD and a DVD. It's available in two packaging versions, a double CD case or a double DVD case. I'll personally be opting for the CD-style case as the CD is my main reason for buying. In Sunday's Best Buy ad, it was listed with the new CD releases rather than the new DVD releases (with the CD case pictured) so I assume that the CD case will be more common anyway (EDIT: the only version I even saw yesterday was the CD-style jewel case, which I bought. However, Alanis was on "The Late Late Show" with Craig Kilbourne last night and the DVD-style keep case was shown). The CD features 8 "Under Rug Swept" outtakes (hence the title "Feast on Scraps", which is taken from the lyrics from "Bent For You") and an acoustic version of "Hands Clean". The 8 "new" songs are unreleased in the US, but I think they've been released on foreign "URS" b-sides. Here's the tracklist:

1. Fear Of Bliss
    2. Bent For You
    3. Sorry To Myself
    4. Sister Blister
    5. Offer
    6. Unprodigal Daughter
    7. Simple Together
    8. Purgatorying
    9. Hands Clean (Acoustic)

The DVD, as far as I know, is a series of "URS"-era live performances and "behind the scenes" footage. The tracklist:

1. Baba
    2. Right Through You
    3. 21 Things I Want In A Lover
    4. Hand In My Pocket
    5. Purgatorying 1
    6. Unprodigal Daughter
    7. Flinch
    8. All I Really Want
    9. Precious Illusions
    10. Sympathetic Character
    11. Purgatorying 2
    12. So Unsexy