What's new

New affordable 500 and 1000 watt plate amplifiers from PE... (1 Viewer)

Chad Kuypers

Stunt Coordinator
Forgive me if somebody already posted this info. Parts Express has released several new high power yet affordable subwoofer plate amplifiers. The two that really caught my eye are the larger amplifiers.

The first is a 540 watt subwoofer plate amplifier for under $300:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...D=124777&DID=7

The second is a 1024 watt subwoofer plate amplifier for under $400:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...D=124775&DID=7

Both amplifiers also feature a fully adjustable parametric EQ which can be adjusted from 80 to 18 Hz, +6 to -14.5 dB, with an adjustable Q value of .1 to 1. This is great news for folks who have a room mode that needs taming. It also means that you can set up boost or a rumble filter EXACTLY where you want it.

It also features a 24 dB/octave low-pass crossover that is adjustable from 200 to 30 Hz. I am impressed that you can get all of this performance at this price. I will probably never use a pro amplifier again. I can't wait to throw one of the 1000+ versions on my Blueprint 1803. :D

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
They sound like nice amps for the price. I knew they were coming a long time ago but I havent seen them so I thought they had given up on them but it looks like they are finally here.

Bob Kavanaugh

Second Unit
Those look nice. I can't wait for the wave of new DIY subs from those itching for more power. Hopefully now some used 250w plate amps will show up in the Hardware for Sale forum. :D

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
wow...so sweet :) But my super-sub will be at least another year off...my Tempest and 250W amp will do for now.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
This is great news indeed.

Anyone already ordering some? Sounds like a great amp for a HE woofer, like the Tumult.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
I just want to find out if there's dealer pricing. Nothing on the wholesale site yet though. :frowning:

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Interesting.... Looks like a damn similar amp to what AR
used in the Hi Res ARS300 and ARS500 (Bob Carver Sunfire
TDC Amp Topologies in 300 Watt RMS and 500 Watt RMS figures)

They look like super amps for the money!

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
Tracking Down-Converter is a patented Bob Carver technology. Looks like Brett pretty much hit the nail on the head. The question is, will PE start carrying a woofer line that will take advantage of this? I would love for them to order some models from TC Sounds to market as Dayton. In the mean time, if any of you are particularly handy with Linkwitz Transform, I think Audio Liquidators still has some of the Blueprint "03"-series drivers left in stock, including the 10" 03 model that Blueprint never got to sell.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Brian, yes there is dealer pricing on their wholesale site, at least for me there is. :)

Rory, in the extended description they describe their Titanic MkIII but nothing has been released as of today so we are left speculating.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
It looks like there's a whole slew of items on there, including a 100w plate amp (75w into 8 ohms) that would be great for a subwoofer based on a Dayton 8" woofer. Perhaps I will have to build that transmission line after all.

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
I wonder if thats an introductory price or if they'll stay that cheap for a while. I'd love to do an AV-15 With one of these guys. But since I just built my Tempest a few months ago it won't be in the works for at least a year.

Either way they look like a great deal.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
With PE's buying power it would be really sweet to see them hook up with one/some of the driver houses,TC-Sounds, etc.
Bringing to the DIY public some SOTA 10-12-15 maybe even 18" drivers on board to make use of all this reasonabley priced power.

Finally some bigger power with lotsa goodies to power up those mega x-max, Tumults, etc.

So whos first to bring 1000-watts home & check it out for everyone?

Geoff

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Not sure if these have been posted yet, but there are some nice new subwoofer plate amps listed over at Parts Express, including this 1000w/4ohm model for $398. In addition to all that power, it's got a parametric eq with variable Q (.1 - 1), center freq. (18-80Hz), and boost/cut (-14.5 - +6dB). 24dB/oct. slope on the 30-200Hz low-pass crossover, too, which is useful. Seems like a really nice deal.

Looks like some FR info. was just posted:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pdf/300-808response.pdf

(Admin note - there was an older thread on the topic - now merged, but this news warrants a nudge for those who missed it last week)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Ahh...sorry...didn't go back far enough. The graphs are news today, though. :b

Standard infrasonic filter is something like -3dB @ 18Hz, but it's likely customizable like their other amps according to Darren at PE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks