What's new

New Adult Swim DVD's on 11/16! (1 Viewer)

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
TVShowsOnDVD.com is reporting that Aqua Teen Hunger Force Vol. 3 and Space Ghost Vol. 2 will both be available on November 16th.

This is great news, and I can only hope other Adult Swim shows like the Brak Show and Harvey Birdman are not far behind.!

Aqua Teen Link

Space Ghost Link

Thanks to those at TVShowsOnDVD.com for the news!

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Finally, Adult Swim is releasing more Space Ghost. I wish they would just forget all that other crap they put out, and gimmie all the good stuff.

Love the cover, can't wait for this.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
That Space Ghost cover looks a great! The donkey was a great addition. Must have releases.

Next up, HOME MOVIES! *crosses fingers*

Ryan

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I agree that it is good that we're getting more Space Ghost, but Aqua Teen is not crap! I'll pick both of these up, and I'm glad that Volume 3 of ATHF wasn't delayed until next spring like I had originally read a few months back. I have no doubt that Brak and Birdman will hit eventually, as that schedule suggested.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

Personally I never found it funny, like the Brak show. Those Aqua Teen characters were funny on that space ghost episode, much like Brak had his moments, but they weren't funny enough to warrant an entire 15min episode. Let alone 3 seasons worth of material. Brak was the worst in my opinion. But that's what it is, my opinion.

What I don't like, is that Space Ghost started all of these programs, and yet it's getting the slowest release schedule, while Aqua Teen is already on volume 3.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I love ATHF. I think the shows a riot. The Mooninites crack me up.

Not all. Sealab 2021 didnt. Those are slowly being released, with new seasons added too.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Paul, I hope you didn't take offense to my ATHF is not crap! thing, because I respect you're opinion, I could've used a smily I suppose, but Iwas going for a rant similar to something one might hear from Master Shake.

Interesting note about the Baffler Meal episode of Space Ghost where the ATHF appeared. I believe that it was written before the ATHF series, but was not actually produced until after the ATHF series was on the air. So it was a pilot for a spin off that wasn't made until the spin off series was on the air.

As was stated, the reason for the pace of the SGC2C sets is due to rights issues, and is also why a few episodes were missing from the first volume which is why it is volume 1 and not seasons 1 and 2.

ATHF by contrast is done in house and would have little to know rights issues to overcome. Plus, I'll bet that the ATHF DVDs are selling really well which is why instead of doing a volume 1 of that and then a volume 1 of Harvey Birdman they went with volume 2 and now 3 of ATHF.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D

As far as I know, the Baffler Meal episode was an un-aired pilot/test episode. after they got their stuff together they made the series, and then on that New Years special they aired the Baffler Meal episode.

GeoffCHA

Auditioning
According to the commentary on the Baffler Meal episode what Casey said is right. The show was written before as an intro for a spinoff, but only got produced after the show was already on the air. When the opportunity arose, the creators decided to make the show exactly as it was written instead of updating it. I think they thought it would be funnier that way (which it is), even though the characters had changed quite a bit since that ep was written.

Honestly, the 'meat helmet' scene is priceless :)

Oh and TVShowsonDVD lists Home Movies as scheduled for release on November 16th. Hooray!!!

RobertM.Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
More space ghost on DVD is a must. I only pray that the interest holds strong and that they get to the later seasons. the 1999 and 2001 seasons must get onto DVD. my vhs tape of these is wearing out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks