What's new

New Adire and SVS subs at CES? (1 Viewer)

james e m

Second Unit
Just curious if anybody has some information to post about these new subs. I can't wait to hear about the new Adire sub. Thanks,
James

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
SVS isn't listed in the CES directory (well actually it is, but it's a different SVS), I don't think they have an exhibit. Adire does though. I haven't seen any word on the Sadhara yet and I'm really curious to see what this new porting system looks like.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
I was really curious about how they ported their sonotube based sub. It looked like the driver had to be at least a 12" and the diameter of the tube looked like about 15"s. I asked Dan if it was sealed and he said it was ported. I couldn't figure out how they could fit any vents on that sucker.
BTW - What ever it was, it sounded fantastic! :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Seaton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark Seaton
Scott, did you hear the Sadhara?
It is indeed a 12" XBL^2 driver with significant excursion, on the order of a Brahma, but a little different driver. As for the porting, it is actually quite simple from what Dan had mentioned to me. In this case you need to think "inside the circle" to see this slightly out of the box solution. ;)

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Thats kinda what I figured.

Yes. I loved the sound of the Sadhara! Another driver that I need to get my grubby little paws onto.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
@#$#@ argh. That's the one I missed seeing. *sigh* I walked my feet into little bloody stubs, and I forgot to check out the Adire booth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks