New ACI Jaguar LE's w/LFM's or ATTN John Morris!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Bunge, Nov 27, 2001.

1. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

2. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Whoa!!!! Holy Cow! Did they post plans for building these, or are they just gonna go the finished speaker sales route?

3. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

John,

No kits for these bad boys! I think intro pricing is minimum $6K! Still much cheaper than the WWP's (and probably better performers, too)!

Brian

4. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

Puppy? What puppy? [​IMG]

5. Hank Frankenberg

Hank Frankenberg Cinematographer

Hmmm....I would wager they sound very, very good. Interesting low frequencey module too.

6. John Morris

John Morris Guest

I wonder how the Jaguar LEs differ from the Jaguars? I've been thinking about building, or having someone else build, 5 Jaguar cabinets based on this plan: Jaguar Plans (PDF) I'm hoping that I can come up with a design for a rear center dipolar design and some matching design for bass modules for the front two channels. Since the Jag kits cost less than $800 a pair, a full 6 channel Jag HT setup should cost less than $4000. [​IMG]

7. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

No, all of ACI's speakers have been changed to the LE style cabinets. You can get these new Jaguars with or without the Low Frequency Modules. Pricing with the LFM's is around $6K minimum! The new Jags are definitely much deeper though! The old ones were around 16-17" deep but the new LE's are 23.25" I believe.

A friend of mine built a pair of Jags wrapped in leather and with oak hardwood on the sides. Sort of like the Sonus Faber Concertos. They look quite nice! I'm eventually going to build my own Jags with the dual SV10s but I'll have to have outboard amplification EQ for the SV10s.

Brian

8. Bob_M

Bob_M Stunt Coordinator

Hey Brian,

I am thinking the new center teamed up with the Sapphire LE's. Some day!

Did you see the weight on the LFM, 120lbs!

Bob

9. KeithR

KeithR Second Unit

Well, you can buy used W/P 5.1s for around 6k as well....just for the record.